Petroleum Refining Sulfur Recovery Expert
Technical Consultant #2115
- Sulfur processing in the petroleum refining industry.
- Manufacturing reliability, safety, and environmental standards
- Subject Matter Expert for ExxonMobil's Global Manufacturing Training Initiative.
Independent Consultant, Present
ExxonMobil Refinery, Baton Rouge, LA, First Line Supervisor
- Control and monitor Light Ends, Sulfur Recovery, and Tail Gas Clean-up units, including:
- One nine-reactor polymerization unit;
- Three tower fractionation section including stabilizer, depentanizer, and rerun sections;
- Two depropanizer towers;
- One butylene recovery tower;
- Three Claus process sulfur recovery trains, including contact condenser, absorber, regenerator, and a tail gas cleanup unit (TGCU) using the amine Flexsorb® SE Hydrogenation.
- Meet all environmental standards and owner's business plan
- Participate as a Subject Matter Expert in the Americas Refining Equipment Strategy Development Plan for sulfur, amine systems, and sour water strippers.
- Develop console operator training and troubleshooting manuals for a Poly/Sulfur console.
- Perform recovery and restart procedures at the ExxonMobil Chalmette Refinery as a result of damage caused by Hurricane Katrina.
- Participate in Sulfur Recovery Unit (SRU) / Monoethanolamine (MEA) / Sour Water Stripper (SWS) incident assessment team to review incidents which occurred during the previous five years and make recommendations for reliability improvements.
- Participate in the ExxonMobil SRU/MEA/SWS Initial Reliability Assessment Program and the Campana, Argentina SRU/MEA system project design and HAZOP analysis.
- Assist in process coordination for the construction of a new SRU and Delayed Coker Unit consisting of 450 ton air, 600 ton O2 injection, with a 1200 ton TGCU.
- Provide process coordination of construction activities.
- Ensure safety of construction workers.
- Conduct initial system inspections to develop punch lists and final inspections for acceptance
- Serve as process turnaround coordinator on the Sulfur/TGCU/5 LE Poly, and propane storage units.
- Participate in design and drawing reviews of a Flexsorb SE project.
Undisclosed Company, Senior Advisor
- Sulfur Recovery Unit (SRU) Pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Review operating procedures.
- Define operating limits for unit operations.
- General start-up organization and supervision.
- B.S. Industrial Education - Missouri State University, Springfield, MI