NACE Corrosion Expert for Oil and Gas Production, Refining, and Transport
Technical Consultant #2107
- 35 years of experience with corrosion, materials engineering, water treating, inspection, fabrication, and pipeline engineering for oil and gas refineries.
- All phases of refinery materials engineering projects.
Exxon Research and Engineering
Senior Engineering Associate (and other technical positions)
- Technical leader of materials engineering section.
- Implemented new materials and developed standards for heavy wall pressure vessels.
- Developed new techniques for pipeline inspection and maintenance.
- Applied new technology for control and prediction of crude corrosivity.
- Updated manuals covering construction materials, chemical cleaning, crude corrosivity.
- Directed research and development studies, development of joint industry programs and initiating major industry programs on equipment life prediction and wet H2S cracking.
- Served as company representative on API subcommittee on Materials and Corrosion.
- Advisor to Esso Production Malaysia, set up and implemented programs to train local engineers.
- Established a system for corrosion testing of materials for high-pressure steam generators.
- Provided guidance on research studies and commercialization of new technology.
- Offered support for refinery materials selection and materials engineering projects.
- Performed inspections of refineries and chemical plants in Europe.
Honors & Publications
- Chartered Engineer, Europe
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- NACE Accredited Corrosion Specialist, Member
- Fellow of Institute of Materials, U.K.
- Ph.D. University of Newcastle, Upon Tyne, U.K.
- B.S. (Class 1 honours), University of Durham, Thornaby, U.K.