- Medical device and life sciences marketing.
- Profitability through major shifts in brand strategy, product design, marketing communications, and clinical education.
- Revenue growth, profit enhancement and successful product-line management.
- Stents, surgical tools and patient monitoring.
- Strategic and tactical commercialization, technology leadership, sales management and analytics.
Multiple Medical and Technology Specialties
- Interventional cardiology
- Woman's health
- Interventional radiology
- Patient monitoring
- Critical care
- Vascular surgery
- Molecular diagnoistics
- Sports surgery
- Spine surgery
- OR-Operating Room
- Carotid stents
- Pain management
- Diabetes and obesity
- Aesthetic devices
- Healthcare IT
Undisclosed Company, Founder, 2008 - Present
- President of a company of 10 medical device industry-experts delivering strategic marketing, innovation research, usability testing, marketing services, market research, merger and acquisition support.
Philips Medical Systems, Patent Monitoring Division, Andover, MA, 2007
Director, Critical Care Patient Monitoring Marketing
- Recruited to lead global vision, strategy, and technology leadership for the ICU, Cardiac and Telemetry business units, the most important segment of Philips patient monitoring business.
- Goal to drive and grow Philips market leadership beyond current market share of 50%. Key responsibilities: identifying and developing strategic alliances, integrating new technology, and leading global marketing/product management.
- Led a team on a new technology emerging as a significant driver in the telemetry and wireless monitoring market. Launched in 1Q07; sales of $100 million reached by 2009.
- Proposed a major strategic alliance with a technological leader in an adjacent market in the Critical Care space.
Oridion Capnography, Needham, MA , 2004 - 2006
- Filling the positions of Vice President and Director of a high growth medical device company (over $100 million in sales at acquisition) with products for respiratory patient monitoring.
- Recruited as a senior management member of a turnaround team to drive global marketing vision, strategy, and technology leadership for CO2 monitoring, a $500M business with rapid annual growth (25%).
- Key responsibilities include product line management and development, marketing communications, clinical studies, education, and partner relations. Managed five departments, a staff of 20, and a budget of $3 million.
- Managed growth of a complex business, serving four medical franchises and over 20 submarkets.
- Achieved double digit topline growth and contributed to Oridion's first ever six consecutive quarters of profitability.
- Created a five-year marketing and technology strategy for monitors and consumables, positioned Oridion as the CO2 monitoring market leader for patient monitoring, EMS and pain management.
- Recruited, managed and led a marketing department from scratch to 20 employees in 24 months.
- Spearheaded significant enhancements in public relations, trade shows, and marketing collateral.
- Significantly improved expertise in clinical studies and clinical education. Introduced usability testing to the company as a method of reducing risk and improving clinician utilization of CO2 monitoring.
Boston Scientific, Natick, MA, Global Marketing Manager, 1998 - 2003
Group Marketing Manager, Carotid Endovascular Stent Therapies, 2002 - 2003
- Serving as a Group and Global Marketing Manager in the Carotid Endovascular Stent Therapies for this $10 billion medical device leader recognized for development and acquisition of less invasive, high value technologies.
- Challenged to develop a global marketing strategy for the carotid stent franchise, an emerging business with market growth projected at $750 million by 2010. Responsibilities included product development and commercialization, clinical education, branding and positioning, and management of a product manager.
- Launched the Filterwire EZ in the U.S. in 2003. Franchise sales increased by 100%. Doubled Carotid Wallstent product line sales in 2002, while maintaining global SOM rate greater than 53%.
- Orchestrated a branding initiative including customer research, focus groups, and positioning analysis, resulting in the development of BSC's first global brand, Carotid Solutions.
- Directed programs to accelerate clinical trial time to market; participated in reimbursement planning/strategy.
- Participated in acquisition planning and due diligence of proposed technologies; recommended a new stent as a strategic investment and declined an embolic protection system opportunity based on poor clinical results.
Senior Product Manager, Microvasive Urology, 1998 - 2001
- Developed strategy and managed new product development for surgical devices in the $500 million incontinence market. Developed a platform of products for the Capio line and managed US commercialization.
- Launched the Capio as viable alternative to bone anchors for sling placement. Tripled franchise sales and contributed as number one revenue and profit driver for Microvasive Urology in 2001.
- Identified new technology development opportunities, including a fast-following competitive response to a disruptive clinical shift in pelvic surgery. New technology drove sales to greater than $5 million.
- Designed innovative launch and promotional programs, demonstrating the unique clinical value of Capio CL, including BSC's first cadaver bioskills training program, resulting in a 40% physician conversion rate.
Conmed Endoscopic Technologies, Billerica, MA, 1994 - 1998
Senior Product Manager, Bard Endoscopy, 1997 - 1998
Product Manager, Bard Endoscopy, 1995 - 1997
Market Research Manager, USCI/Bard Electrophysiology, 1994 - 1995
- Directed product management and commercialization, strategic relationships, and marketing strategy for numerous gastroenterology and pulmonary product lines totaling $15 million in sales. Hired, trained, and managed an Associate Product Manager.
- Contributed to record sales performance; forceps and snares sales grew by 30% and SOM by 7% over a three-year time period.
- Resolved critical supply issues by internalizing key OEM products, improving manufacturing quality and cost.
- Championed new rapid exchange technology that promised impactful entrance into the biliary market.
- Broadened forceps and snares line with strategic product differentiators, diagnostic kit and shorter-throw snare.
- Early career included roles in marketing and sales management in life sciences and biotechnology products.
- Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Massachusetts Medical Device Industry Council, Instructor in Professional Development Courses for Medical Device and Life Sciences Professionals in Marketing, Customer Needs Assessment, Clinical Studies, Forecasting and Product Development.
- HCMA (Healthcare Communication and Marketing Association), Instructor in Medical Device/ Life Sciences Professional Development Marketing Course.
- Foreign Exchange Translations Provide Webinars for Professional Development Courses for Medical Device Marketing and Product Development, Trends in Industry Research.
- MBA Marketing, Babson College, Wellesley, MA
- B.A. Biology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA