Aerospace and Renewable Energy, (Wind, Solar, Fuel Cell) Expert
Technical Consultant #2082
- Global technology and research for heavy equipment, wind turbines and appliances.
- Technical due diligence in industrial, aerospace, defense, renewable and the appliance industries.
- Extensive research and development network of many universities and technology companies around the world.
- Engineering cost and structural optimization of products and systems.
- IP (Intellectual Property) patent portfolio analysis, legal patent circumvention and related legal disputes.
- Regulatory agency (FAA, CAA, JAA, UL, DNV, GL, CGC, TUEV, BV) certification process experience.
- Six Sigma black belt certified and experienced with process and product FMEAs.
- Wind turbine, solar, and fuel cell system design, development and technology expertise.
- Global sourcing of engineering and components through an extensive network.
- National and internal experience: China, India, Turkey and Middle East knowledge of corporate cultures and experience.
Expert Witness Experience
- Wind turbine energy yield and performance dispute.
- Dryer fire damage to residence case.
- Acoustic investigation of a disputed product.
- Dishwasher failure due to heating element.
- IP dispute regarding the rights to an aerospace related technology.
Undisclosed Company, Principal and Founder, Fort Worth, TX, 2010 - Present
- Developed a consulting practice, (with locations in: Arhus, Denmark, Beijing, China, and Texas, U.S.) from inception to a $2 Million revenue business in 4 years.
- Advised CEO's and board of directors of major business groups in China, France, Germany and India.
- Developed a European wind research and development center for an Asian wind turbine manufacturer in Germany.
- Led several technology transfer initiatives from European and U.S. companies to China.
- Consulted on access control and related security products for Chubb Plc in U.K.
- Extensively supported wind turbine type certification activities of different manufacturers.
- Served as principal investigator and formed an European Funding consortium for an alternative tower program.
- Introduced direct drive generator and converter architecture and design to Asian manufacturers.
- Led an industry-wide supplier base initiative to form a single source casting part provider.
- Conducted multiple renewable projects' evaluation and market development in different countries.
- Delivered low cost technology development projects utilizing established network in Poland.
Technology R & D, Vestas Wind Systems, Vice President, rhus, Denmark, 2008 - 2010
- Developed and managed a complete technology portfolio including advanced control optimization.
- Led the global aerodynamics, structures, controls, software and hardware design of complete wind turbines.
- Determined the value of engineering potential of various acquisition targets in different industries.
- Developed plans to restructure the Technology organization and to reduce numerous inefficiencies.
- Identified target technologies for reduction of cost of energy per individual turbine.
Whirlpool Corporation, Global Technology Director, Saint Joseph, MI, 2004 - 2008
- Directed the global structures' design and simulation organization.
- Designed and implemented the engineering technology's roadmap including electronics and hydraulics.
- Managed the global packaging, acoustics and competitive analysis laboratories.
- Delivered major global projects within the cleaning technology on time and on budget.
- Developed the global design, product development and simulation strategies for the organization.
- Introduced and implemented sound simulation for complete dishwasher systems and active noise control.
- Implemented CETOL and automated tolerance stack up analysis and design process standards.
- Sponsored a global network of universities and suppliers to develop various technology systems.
United Technologies Corporation, Engineering Manager, Windsor Locks, CT, 2000 - 2004
- Led a team of 16 engineers in design, product development and analysis.
- Managed the failure analysis of the Boeing 777 heat exchanger project.
- Directed the preliminary design analysis of Airbus A380 air management system.
- Developed a standard design and analysis initiative to streamline new product development.
- Led a test and analysis study of buckling and postbuckling behavior of finned tubes in heat exchangers.
- Significantly reduced analyses cost by standardizing the computational tools.
- Outsourced a number of projects to overseas companies to reduce cost.
- Performed damage tolerance analysis of JSF actuators to meet the NDE requirements.
Boeing International Space Station, Lead Research Engineer, Houston, TX, 1998 - 2000
- Managed multi-national system integration of solar arrays and related components.
- Extensively interacted and negotiated with NASA on various projects.
- Successfully supervised simultaneous testing and analysis projects across multiple sites.
- Established, monitored and met cost estimates and schedules for a number of projects.
- Led the assessment of vibrations on the standard and active rack control systems.
Boeing Commercial Airplane Group, Lead Stress Engineer, Seattle, WA, 1996 - 1998
- Built, trained and supervised a team of 12 engineers in stress analysis and FAA certification process.
- Managed several projects from inception to final certification by FAA.
- Directed several 16g dynamic testing of Boeing 777 passenger seats in HYGE and deceleration facilities.
- Analyzed Boeing 737-600/-700/-800 automatic overwing exit door and seat interaction.
- Performed nonlinear FEM analysis of seat and passenger responses and fracture analysis of failed tracks.
- Comprehensively studied the application of metal matrix and polymer composites in crash worthiness.
Weber Aircraft, Inc., Senior Stress Engineer, Gainesville, TX, 1993 - 1996
- Performed analytical and experimental stress analyses, damage tolerance and fatigue methods.
- Achieved 16g dynamic seat qualification and certification based on FAR 25.562 and JAA requirements.
- Improved shot peening practices via understanding the mechanism of compressive residual stress.
- Analyzed G1, G3A and G4 composite galleys of Boeing 737 using Nastran.
Honors & Publications
- Royal Institute of Technology of Stockholm, Undergraduate Courses (Sweden)
- Boeing Leadership Center: Leadership certification program
- Whirlpool Executive Leadership Program: Leadership training
- Columbia Executive Leadership Program: High Impact Leadership courses
- Vestas Executive Leadership: TOP200 Leadership Forum
- Thesis: Hypersonic, Turbulent Viscous Interaction Past an Expansion Corner
- Passed Texas Board of Registration for Professional Engineers exam (PE/EIT)
- Languages: C/C++, Fortran, Pascal, Cobol, Basic, Patran Command
- Systems: UNIX, VAX, Windows 2000/NT, DOS
- Software: Abaqus, Ansys, AutoCAD, UTOCAD, CADAM, CATIA, I-DEAS, MATLAB, Nastran, Patran, Unigraphics, (UG), Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Schedule+, Autosea, CETOL
- Author: Numerous articles, journals, and an international presenter - speaker.
- M.S. Aerospace Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington, TX
- B.S. Aerospace Engineering, University of Texas at Arlington, TX