- Plastic pipe manufacturing.
- Extrusion process design.
- Compounding plastics and processes.
- Quality management and continuous improvement/ISO 9001 implementation.
- 6 sigma analysis for chemical and extrusion processes.
- Scale up of chemical processes.
- Product cost and business analysis.
- Product pricing and market segmentation for specialty chemicals.
- Production forecasting modeling.
Expert Witness Experience
- Managed all claims for a well-known petroleum municipal distributor.
Undisclosed Company, President, 2013 - Present
- Developing and manufacturing intermediary chemicals for the petroleum and chemical industries.
- Specialty products for the drilling, medical and polymer industries.
- Consulting on chemical processes, polymer pipe for oil exploration and production, and product pricing market space analysis.
Phillips 66 Company, Houston, TX, Chief Engineer, 2012 - 2013
- Scale up CPreme® (lithium ion battery anode) production process and verify operating costs.
- Developed and design mill processing for CPreme commercial plant.
- Developed fluidbed calcining process for CPreme commercial plant.
- Validated commercial processing costs via testing and engineering design calculations.
- Significant operating cost reductions were achieved.
ConocoPhillips Co., Houston, TX, 2001 - 2012
Marketing Manager, 2007 - 2012
- Performed value in use product analysis for lithium ion anode materials that justified 10-15% price premium for CoP (Chemical oil Products) products.
- Developed marketing strategy for product positioning and pricing for heavy oil products that allowed CSPI to retain excellent product margins with a new product in a new market.
- Provides analysis of strategic feedstocks to CSPI and their associated impact on COGS.
- Developed pricing models for procurement group on all critical feedstocks.
Director of Business Analysis and 6-Sigma, 2003 - 2007
- Obtained capital project approval of a fueling station at Freeport-Seaway Crude Terminal.
- Determining LNG (Liquid Natural Gas), tanker values (spot market values. Time charter and spot market vs. purchase).
- Negotiated fuel contracts.
- Quantified fuel quality impacts on fleet operations.
- Developed fuel testing protocol to ensure vessel operation.
- Optimal dredge interval to maintain Clifton ridge draft.
- Fleet fueling, optimization (Freeport vs. Lake Charles).
- Vessel hull fouling and cleaning interval.
- Vessel hull optimal coatings.
- Motor maintenance cost, (repair or replace).
- Lost profit opportunity metrics for fleet operations.
Product Development Manager, 2001 - 2003
- Responsible for technology, quality, production, and marketing efforts non-automotive.
- Negotiated tolled (outsourced / 3rd-party) manufacturing processes.
- Implemented custom processes within carbon fiber commercial plant.
- Developed contingency production plans for manufacturing of commercial products.
- Secured first sales contract in business unit.
- Developed pricing and market penetration plans.
Ico Inc. , Houston, TX, Business, 1997 - 2001
Development Manager, 1998 - 2001
- Prepared financial analysis on existing business units, potential new investments and, possible acquisitions for ICO corporate.
- Evaluated new acquisitions for plastics processing, oilfield services, and internet B2B.
- Used supply chain analysis, value added analysis, real-options and risk management tools to estimate the financial impact of investments.
- Developed new products that leverage ICO Ink's manufactured feedstocks.
- Optimized existing plant processes.
- Filed five patent applications; 3 new products and 2 process patents.
- Improved coating division gross margin by 50%.
Plant Manager, LaPorte, TX, 1997 - 2001
- Managed 6 compounding production units.
- Supervised 42 employees having a capacity of 60 million pounds per year.
- Implemented new procedures for ISO 9001.
- Increased productivity 20% by organizing staff and scheduling.
- Created database that linked employee performance measures with production-reporting.
- Created new hire training and safety programs.
Phillips Petroleum Company, Richardson TX, 1989 - 1997
Quality Lead/Process Engineer, Driscopipe Division, 1993 - 1997
- Administered ISO 9001 quality system for 6 production locations that produced gas and water distribution piping components.
- Coordinated PPI/DOT (Pixel Per Inch/Dot Per Millimeter) product validation testing, maintained validation while at the same time cut validation testing costs by 50%.
- Participated in industry association meetings (AWWA, NSF, PPI, CSA, IAPMO).
- Coordinated research investigations and risk management for product failures and customer complaints.
- Developed technical programs for defect reduction at plant locations using experimental design and statistical techniques.
- Reduced operating cost by 10% with changes to testing and feedstock specification.
- Coordinated company litigation.
- Created sales forecasting models with overlay on working capital and inventory turns.
- Optimized Driscopipe's extrusion processes and evaluated extruder screw designs.
- Improved business unit gross margin by 40% implementing feedstock source changes and supply chain management.
Process Engineer, American Thermoplastics Division, Houston, TX, 1992 - 1993
- Conducted numerous studies using an experimental design approach to increase production rates and improve product quality.
- Made process improvements for the Manufacture of Ryton (PPS), and Marlex (HDPE).
- Improved Plant Productivity by 10% (HDPE-Processing).
- Improved Product Losses by 30% (Ryton PPS).
Lab Supervisor, Bartlesville, OK, Chemical Division, 1989 -1993
- Responsible for pilot plant operations.
- Manufactured developmental materials for customer evaluation.
- Supervised technician staff.
- Specified twin screw, single-screw, co-kneader, and FCMs extrusion processes for new products; PPS, HDPE and PP, PMP-Polymethylpentene.
- Performed technical service calls and customer presentations as needed.
- Coordinated equipment design between research and development and corporate-engineering for new products.
Dexter Plastics Inc., Grand Prairie, TX, Project and Process Engineer, 1987 - 1989
- Developed products and the extrusion processes to supply products for specific customer applications in the automobile industry.
- Developed reactive extrusion processes.
- Conducted ASTM tests, operated injection molding machines, and made technical service calls.
- Responsible for formulation, lab evaluation, customer samples and process scale-up.
Honors & Publications
- ISO 9001 Lead Auditor
- 6 Sigma Certificate
- Enhanced Oil Recovery Fundamentals
- Experimental Design
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Society of Plastics Engineers
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers
Publications and Patents
- Author of a publication numerous patents filed.
- MBA Southern Methodist University, Dallas, TX
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ