Novel Biomaterials and Nanomaterials Synthesis Consultant
Technical Consultant #2064
- Development and troubleshooting of novel nanomaterials based on synthetic procedures (colloidal, wet-chemical, solvothermal, hydrothermal, MOCVD, etc.).
- Extensive experience with synthesis of (magnetic, plasmonic, radioprotectant nanoparticles) metals (Au, Ag, Pt, Pd), metal-oxides (MO), metal chalcogenides (-S, Se), and magnetic hybrid composites (M@MO), quantum dots, graphene oxide (GO), mesoporous silica, etc.
- Organic synthesis: Small molecule ligands, multifunctional copolymers, PEG-based linkers (homo, hetero, mono and bi-functional) for surface modification, chemical functionalization of surfaces and nanoparticles.
- Surface chemistry/Bioconjugation techniques; aptamer engineering, biomimicking, protein modification, biomineralization, etc.
- Nanoparticle-based profiling, targeting, imaging and therapy of cancer cells, drug delivery, pathogen mimicking for immunotherapy and personalized medicine.
- Aptamer-based smart materials for trace metabolite detection and mass spectrometry platforms for applications in biomarker discovery.
Undisclosed University, Postdoctoral Researcher, 2012 - 2014
- Customized mesoporous silica nanoparticles as mass spectrometry/MALDI-TOF, (Matrix-Assisted laser Desorption Ionization-Time of Flight) platforms for chemical research mediums and applications including but not limited to rare protein isolation and cancer biomarker discovery.
- Studied the role of PEG (Polyethylene Glycol) conformation (mushroom or comb) towards Anti-PEG antibody binding using model POEGMA ( Poly-Oligo Eethylene Glycol Methacrylates) polymers.
- Worked to develop a novel methodology for bulk synthesis of NIR-active gold nanocages and nanocups for imaging and tumor diagnostics via new and unprecedented applications by ensuring research productivity in a timely and efficient manner.
- Cell culture, protein assay, cell uptake studies.
- Handled general laboratory proceedings beneficial to proper research conduction including cell culture analysis, protein assays, molecular analysis, and cell uptake studies.
- Proven technical expertise through work with with UV-Vis, NIR, DLS, Zeta Potential, GPC, and HPLC.
MD Anderson Cancer Center, Cancer Research Institute, Orlando, FL, 2012 - 2011
Transitional Postdoctoral Trainee
- Worked with drug optimization to improve current drug administrative conditions and benefits.
- Personally oversaw work with experimental therapeutics and combinatorial drug treatment and radiation both with the research laboratory and expansive outreach prospective mediums.
- Studied the direct and long term effects of NSAID (Non-Steroidal Anti-Inflammatory Drugs), Tolfenamic acid and consequential inhibitory actions, transformations, and applications on the expression of specific Specificity Protein transcription factors in relation to superficial and internal cancer progression factors in relation to leukemia, ovarian, prostate, and breast cancer cells.
- Handled oversight and on duty work on surface engineering of radioprotectant cerium oxide nanoparticles and used for chemoprevention.
- ELISA assays, WB, Gels, Mycoplasma, BCA, Immunostaining, ATP and protein content and cell death assays.
- Drug optimization, treatment and radiation (in vitro).
- Tools: TEM, (Transmission Electron Microscope), SEM, (Scanning Electronic Microscopy) FTIR (Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy), and FACS (Fluorescence Activated Cell Sorting).
- Optical Microscopy, fluorescence spectroscopy, UV-Vis-NIR, DLS, zeta potential.
Center for NanoBiosensors, University of Florida, Gainesville, FL, 2009 - 2011
Group Leader Adjunct Postdoctoral Fellow
- Worked to reestablish the nanobioengineering research group through numerous publications to the employer and successful completion of multiple projects.
- Acted as a key member of a development team tasked with creating DNA-based magnetic switches and logic-based boolean sensors to assist with cancer diagnostics to help improve conditions within impoverished third world countries.
- Designed and developed for the first time an all-in-one mass spectrometry platform (target-capture-ionization) for metabolite detection in patients samples.
- Handled Aptamer-nanoparticle composites used to target, image, and deliver drugs to cancer cells.
- Worked with DNA synthesizers, HPLC, fluorescent spectroscopy, UV-Vis, FT-IR, and FACS to ensure and improve the legitimacy and efficiency of any and all methods, research, and diagnostics under question.
- Oversaw the application, usage, and establishment of multifunctional polymethacrylate polymers.
- Tools: TEM, (Transmission Electron Microscope), SEM (Scanning Electronic Microscopy), XRD (X-Ray Diode) and DLS (Dynamic Light Scattering).
Honors & Publications
- English (Fluent)
- Hindi (Fluent)
- Urdu (Fluent)
- German (Fluent)
- Arabic (Basic)
Publications and Patents
- Author and Co-Author of numerous publications, scientific papers and presentations.
- 1 patent
- Ph.D. Chemistry, Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz, Mainz, Germany
- M.Sc. Materials Science, Johannes Gutenberg Universitaet Mainz, Mainz, Germany
- B.Sc. Microbiology, Zoology, Chemistry, Osmania University, Hyderabad, India