- Global technical marketing and sales of fluorochemical products.
- New market development.
- Specialty chemicals product launch - through stage gate process.
- Marketing strategy and execution.
- Fluorosurfactants, Fluoroprotectants, Fluorointermediates marketing.
Independent Consultant, Present
DuPont, Wilmington, DE, 1995 - 2013
Business Development Manager - Solutions Architect, 2011 - 2013
- Developed consulting based solutions for client businesses in oil and gas, mining, and manufacturing.
- Business development to C-Suite Executives for Operational Excellence consulting services.
- Proposed and closed consulting based contract signings exceeding $12 million.
Business Manager - Chemical Solutions - Methylamines and Dimethyl Sulfate, 2010 - 2011
- Led industrial chemical business and global sales team, including profit and loss for $175 million global revenue.
- Achieved two year average revenue growth of 18% through both improved pricing and increased volume.
- Major markets included water treatment polymers, agricultural chemicals, and fiber manufacture.
- Developed and implemented a strategic business alliance with an Asian competitor, to support business growth and market access in the Asia Pacific Region.
- Established a long term strategic alliance with a Chinese producer for the support of business expansion in the Asia market.
- Total scope of $1 billion over the life of the contract. Included in the agreement: technology license of Methylamine manufacturing, off take purchase agreement for all produced product, ongoing manufacture support.
- Improved a competitively disadvantage business by developing and implementing key business strategies, leading to a profitable turnaround and path to long term business sustainability.
- Initiated an integrated sales and operating plan and passed an independent audit of efficacy.
- Grew sales by more than 35% in emerging Asian markets with small investment while achieving higher variable margins for this competitively priced region.
Global Business Manager - Chemical Solutions - Aramid Intermediates and Azo Initiators, 2008 - 2010
- Managed two businesses and led global business support teams, with combined sales of $85 million.
- Successfully managed through a period of significant business downturn, exceeding both cash flow and earnings targets for the combined business.
- Earnings increased 20% to $13.5 million.
- Attained REACH registration of key chemicals to support European sales and maintain significant company business positions in Europe.
- Completed a strategic alternatives review for polymer initiators including manufacturing facilities.
Market Segment Manager, Fluorosurfactants, Fluoroprotectants and Fluorointermediates, 2002 - 2008
- Recruited and developed a global team comprising, sales and technical service.
- Developed aggressive business commitment and monthly tracking process to report results.
- Displaced competitive established technologies, achieved sustained high average growth level of 17% in mature end-use markets through share gain.
- Developed new end use markets and achieved commercial penetration establishing a new international segment with sustainable high margins and growth rates.
- Responsible for Teflon® branding activities within the consumer paint market, including identifying and promoting attributes of greatest consumer value, creating labeling for the Teflon branded package, and coordination of external market research studies. Major markets included architectural coatings, industrial - institutional, and oilfield service.
- Effectively established the trade brand Zonyl® in marketplace with trade advertising campaigns, technical publications and publicity, trade organization participation, trade show technical articles and promotion, and e-marketing support.
- Expanded business in key international markets by leveraging value proposition and building a global team.
- Developed key new market space with annual sales greater than $40 million and variable margins greater than 85% (in a business unit with average margins of 65%).
Market Development Manager - Fluoroadditives,1997 - 2002
- Supported new product introductions for fluorosurfactants and fluoroprotectants, coatings and stone and tile markets.
- Team leader in introducing new products creating $25 million in incremental new annual sales.
- Conducted strategic and financial analysis for the acquisition of sizable European-based business that complemented DuPont product line, secured European market access, and allowed new production capabilities.
Market Development Manager - Specialty Powders, 1995 - 1997
- Developed promotional support, market segmentation analysis, and sales support to aid in market development to introduce Zelec® electro-conductives and Microfree® antimicrobials powders for coatings and plastic compounders.
- Increased sales by 79%, compared to previous year.
- Initiated web presence for products and brand, one of the first DuPont businesses with a web site.
- Created product marketing plan, trade shows materials, technical articles, literature, placed strategic advertisements, facilitating in-bound and out-bound telemarketing support programs, and developed relationship with major accounts.
Honors & Publications
- Corporate Marketing Excellence Award
- Beta Gamma Sigma Business Honor Society
- 1 U.S. patent
- M.B.A. University of Delaware, Newark, DE
- B.S. Business Administration Marketing, University of Delaware, Newark, DE