- Nanotechnology and nanoscale materials development of advanced materials.
- Nanomaterial application and development of prototype systems.
- Materials characterization, analysis and testing for powder, dispersions, and coatings.
- Sorbents for adsorbing mercury from flue gas.
- Wastewater treatment media.
- Sludge treatment additives for efficient sludge dewatering.
- Heat transfer fluids for high performance synthetic oil additives containing proprietary, nanostructured particles to improve heat transfer.
- Additives for water and oil based heat transfer fluids to improve their heat transfer coefficient.
- Advanced protective coatings for metal, wood and polymer surfaces, with tailored functionalities.
- Specialized custom coatings: Superhydrophobic, coating additives, abrasion resistant, easy to clean and anti-corrosion coatings.
- Coatings with tailored translucency and reflectivity to regions of the electromagnetic spectrum.
- Chromate-free anti-corrosion coating systems for aluminum, steel and magnesium.
- Hard, scratch resistant barrier coatings for polymer substrates.
- Treatments to impart superhydrophobicity to surfaces, particularly above ambient conditions.
- Synthesizing nanoscale particles, depositing nanoscale coatings on particles, modifying the surface of particles, and dispersing nanoparticles in aqueous and non-aqueous liquids.
- Cathode, anode, and solid electrolytes materials development for use in lithium-ion batteries.
- Battery electrode fabrication, battery corrosion, half-cell and cell-level testing.
- Battery research and development, tailor materials for improved performance.
Undisclosed Company, Chief Executive Officer, 1997 - Present
- Other positions served: Vice President of Research and Development.
Structured Materials Industries Inc., Pscataway, NJ, 1996 - 1997
- Staff Scientist
Rutgers University, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, 1995 - 1996
- Research Associate
- Instructor of graduate and undergraduate courses in Materials Science at Rutgers' The State University of New Jersey and Stevens Institute of Technology.
- External examiner on thesis committee of graduate students from Rutgers University and Georgia Institute of Technology.
- Review academic proposals for the National Science Foundation.
- Instructor of an industry oriented course on Nanotechnology, organized by the Center for Professional Advancement, East Brunswick, NJ.
- Active collaborations with Rutgers Faculty members.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Organizer and Contributor, Frontiers of Engineering Series Symposium (National Academy of Engineering, NAE).
- Symposia organizer for the Materials Research Society, (MRS).
- Invited as Nanotechnology expert at the New Jersey Technology Council Annual Meeting.
- Invited participant at Nanotechnology Workshops organized by the National Science Foundation and Department of Energy.
- Distinguished Alumni award for Distinction in the Physical Sciences from Rutgers University (Graduate School).
- Recognized as outstanding alumnus of the Rutgers Graduate School at its 50th anniversary.
- Space Act Award from NASA Inventions and Contributions Board.
- Hoechst Celanese award for Graduate Excellence.
- Yule Scholarship Fund (funded undergraduate).
Publications and Patents
- Invited speaker at numerous national and international technical and business conferences.
- Guest speaker at research institutions.
- Organized Nanotechnology panel discussions.
- Invited as Nanotech expert on panel
- Thirteen issued U.S. patents.
- Ph.D. Materials Science and Engineering, Rutgers, Camden, NJ
- M.S. Materials Science and Engineering, Rutgers, Camden, NJ
- B.S. Metallurgy Technology, Indian Institute of Technology, (IITB), Powai, Mumbai, India