- Diverse experience in fluoropolymers and plastics industries.
- New business development, sales and marketing, research and development management.
- Product development and international coordination with direct responsibility for multi-million dollar operating budgets and capital programs.
- Sales and marketing of fluoropolymer products PTFE, PFA, MFA, FEP, ECTFE, ETFE, CTFE, PVDF, PTFE and fluoroelastomers into the fiber and yarn, wire & cable, tubing and film, coatings and micropowder industries.
- Polymerization technology.
- Consolidated and managed the PTFE micropowder businesses for DuPont's sole distributor in the U.S.
Undisclosed Company, Managing Member, 2009 - Present
- Consulting for the sole national distributor for DuPont Fluoropolymer products.
- Consolidated and managed sales and marketing of DuPont's PTFE Micropowder Business for Delaware Specialty Distribution.
Shamrock Technologies, Inc. Newark, NJ, Senior Leader Technology, 2008 - 2009
- Led any group necessary to develop profitable products with Shamrock's core competencies in recycling PTFE; grinding and micronizing powders; processing polymers by E-Beam.
Xtreme Fibers,Inc.,Newtown Square, PA, President, 1997 - 2008
- Responsible for all business operations of a specialty fluoropolymer fibers and multi filament yarns manufacturer.
Nocopi Technologies, Inc., Wayne, PA, Vice President Technology and Operations, 1995 - 1997
- Responsible for all research, development and manufacturing operations of an international anti-diversion and anti- counterfeiting company.
Pantek USA, Inc., Newtown Square, PA, President, 1991 - 1995
- Responsible for worldwide business including, technological and strategic consulting for fluoropolymers as well as, new business development for products available as a result of our consulting efforts.
Solvay Solexis, Inc.,(Ausimont USA), Morristown, NJ, Director of Technology, 1986-1991
- Responsible for all research, development and engineering in the United States. Managed the technical centers of Ausimont, U.S.A. and coordinated worldwide programs with Montefluos, Italy and Montedison Nippon, Japan.
- Duties included: recruitment, management and development of high caliber technical managers and scientists; initiation of technical strategies in support of AUSIMONT worldwide business strategies; overall direction of four (4) departments (Research, New Product Development, Process Engineering and Capital Project Engineering); general administrative functions , budgeting, employee salary action and performance review system.
FEP Product Manager, 1984 - 1986
- Responsible for commercial development of a fluorinated Ethylene Propylene Copolymer (FEP).
- Duties included: Business and market development for FEP manufactured by new process technology.
- Customer contact and technical sales. Process development and manufacturing scale-up.
Arco Chemical Company, Newtown Square, PA, Senior Research Chemist, 1980 - 1984
- Various and progressive supervisory responsibilities including:
- Polyolefin Ziegler-Natta type catalysts.
- Impact modified styrenics and engineering thermoplastics.
- Expandable polystyrenic foams.
Honors & Publications
- ACS Polymer Course Member American Chemical Society
- Basic Management Skills
- Advanced Management Skills
- Finance & Accounting
- Statistical Process Control and Statistical Quality Control, SPC/SQC
- Thesis: "Stereoselective Reductions of Carbon-Nitrogen Double Bonds with Complex Metal Hydrides, " Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA.
- Author and Co-Author of numerous publications: Scientific journals, educational text, and international papers with subject matters in the following areas:
- Stereoselective Reduction of Substituted Cyclohexyl and Cyclopentyl Carbon-Nitrogen.
- Stereochemistry of reductions of cyclohexyl amines, iminium ions and enamines with hydrideReagents.
- Nucleophilic Borohydride: Selective Reductive Displacement of Halides, Sulfonate Esters, Tertiary Amines, and N, N-Disulfonimides with Boro-hydride Reagents in Polar Aprotic Solvents.
- Reductive Deamination of Primary Amines Via Sodium Borohydride Reduction of N, NDisulfonimides in Hexamethyl-phosphoramide.
- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- M.S. Organic Chemistry, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- B.S. Biology, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA