- Registered Architect: Design and manage all phases of the building design and construction process together with the unique ability to combine the creative aspects of architecture with the practical nature of engineering.
- Licensed professional engineer.
- Structural engineering.
- Certified special inspector: construction defects, standard of care, and failure investigation.
Expert Witness Experience
- Provide expert witnessing with a unique broad background in both architectural and structural standards of care, building codes, inspection and causes and resolutions of construction related defects and failures.
- Masonry Evaluation Expert.
- Architectural Standard of Care for design of a residential home.
- Dispute over construction contract payment amount of completion and applicable liquidated damages.
- Dispute over amount of damages caused by demolition of a building during an active fire.
Undisclosed Company, Architectural and Engineering, 1990 - Present
- Design of buildings, bridges and dams.
- Construction management and Inspection.
- Expert reports, evaluations of construction defects.
Stone & Webster, Cherry Hill, NJ, Structural Engineer, 1983 -1990
- Design of structural components of electric generating plants.
Sverdrup & Parcel, St. Louis, MO, Structural Engineer, 1979 - 1982
- Design of industrial buildings: Wood, concrete, steel and masonry structures.
Honors & Publications
- Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, (LEED) Accredited Professional
- Continuing Education Course Provider - "Ada Standards and PROWAG)."
- International Building Code Compliance
- International Residential Code Compliance
- International Fire Code Compliance
- International Energy Code Compliance
- ADA Compliance
- OSHA Compliance
- Contract Administration
- Investigating Design Errors & Omissions
- Investigating Construction Defects
- Property Condition Assessments
- Access & Egress
- Roofing Leak Investigation
- IBC - International Building Code
- AISC - Structural Steel
- ACI - Reinforced Concrete
- PCI - Pre-stressed Concrete
- NDS - Wood
- AISI - Cold Formed Steel
- ASCE 07 - Minimum Design Loads
- FEMA -Wind/Seismic/Flood
- NCMA - Masonry
- SJI - Steel Joist Institute
- SPRI - Wind Loading on Roofs
- TPI - Wood Trusses
- Investigating Construction Failures
- Determination of Unsafe Structures
- Professional Engineer-P.E. - N.J. & PA
- Registered Architect - N.J.
- Certified Special Inspector - NJ
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Adjunct Rowan University
- American Institute of Steel Construction (AISC)
- American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE)
- American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- M.S. Degree, Civil Engineering, University of Illinois, Urbana, IL
- B.S. Degree, Civil Engineering, University of Connecticut, Storrs, CT