- Forensic toxicology including; postmortem, human performance and workplace toxicology.
- More than 30 years in extensive education, training and experience both in the laboratory and the courtroom.
Expert Witness Experience
- Working in numerous courts: Civil, Criminal, Federal and Military.
- Workers compensation.
- DUI and vehicular homicide.
- Insurance defense.
- Personal injury.
- Child custody.
- Probation and parole.
- Drug facilitated sexual assault.
Undisclosed Company, 1997 - Present
- Provide expert witness services of case review, consultation, court testimony in cases involving drugs and ethanol such as personal injury, insurance defense, DUI, workers compensation.
- Other cases: Workers compensation, probation/parole, child custody, court martial and drug-facilitated sexual assault.
- Clients: For plaintiff and defense law firms who represent individuals, insurance companies, healthcare providers, and various government agencies such as State Attorneys, Public Defenders and JAG.
Broward County Medical Examiner's Office, Ft. Lauderdale, FL, Chief Toxicologist, 1991 - 1997
- Oversaw all laboratory toxicology to determine cause of death in postmortem cases for Medical Examiners and Blood Alcohol and urine drug screen program for Broward County DUI program.
Office of Chief Medical Examiner, City Of New York, NY, Toxicologist, 1987 - 1991
- Developed methods, performed analysis, testified in court.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Society of Forensic Toxicologists (SOFT)
- American Academy of Forensic Sciences (AAFS)
- The International Association of Forensic Toxicologists (TIAFT)
- SOFT Educational Research Award
Publications and Patents
- Author and Lecturer in forensic toxicology, provides presentations and television
- Ph.D. Pharmacology and Toxicology, Medical College of Virginia, Richmond, VA
- M.S.F.S Forensic Toxicology, The George Washington University, Washington, DC
- B.S. Chemistry, Indiana State University, Terre Haute, IN