- Consumer healthcare and health care products: Cloud software, pharmaceutical marketing services, HIT and medical device categories products, health and wellness brand marketing strategy and communication.
- Over The Counter (OTC) Drugs, medical devices (contact lenses) and pharmaceutical marketing services.
- New business development (C-suite, cloud technology) - Innovation and turnaround.
- Merger and Acquisition (M&A), strategic partnerships in the consumer health care sectors.
- Practice management software development-consumer healthcare cloud software.
- Synthesize complex information and strategic vision, in: New business development, strategic planning, turnarounds and merger and acquisitions in the health care industry.
- Executive team development, strategic planning; marketing and sales planning and execution, turnaround expertise support to global PE, VC, angel investment firms and Fortune 100 start-ups.
- Establish worldwide new healthcare marketing ventures, leading from concept to implementation and commercial success.
- Launched ACUVUE®, the first disposable and best-selling contact lens in the world.
- Cloud-based, Electronic Health Records (HER), certified software practice management for medical professionals of offshore development.
- Advisor and business development leader for (VC) Venture capital backed, health information and technology, expanding its retail in-pharmacy patient education network, its HER and physician office network and its data insights business across Europe.
- Contributing as an Advisory Board member for boutique healthcare agency serving oncology and rare disease clients.
Undisclosed Company, Founder and Chief Executive Officer, 2012 - Present
- C-suite, business development, strategic advisory and consultancy services.
- CEO of cloud software firm serving U.S. chiropractic and multidisciplinary pain management medical practices. Company tripled revenues. Led firm through rigorous Edition EHR certification process and ICD-10 conversion. Revamped digital marketing and software development.
- Offer full range of business development (C-suite) and strategic advisory services including:
- Executive team development
- Board leadership
- Strategic planning
- New business ventures
- Marketing and sales planning, execution; turnarounds.
- Delivering patient adherence and clinical recruitment solutions via 50,000 pharmacies reaching 200 million patients in 10 European countries.
- C-suite business development and strategic advisory serving diverse client base.
- Delivered targeted physician messaging through our integrated EHR/MD office network, plus innovative pharmacist-to-patient adherence, education and patient recruitment campaigns via our "connected" European pharmacy network consisting of 50,000 pharmacies reaching 200 million patients in 10 European countries.
- CEO of EHR-certified, cloud software company (Advanced Provider Solutions, LLC). Board advisor and business development leader for UK-based VC (MVM Life Sciences) and portfolio company (Patient Connect limited), delivering patient adherence and clinical recruitment solutions via 50,000 pharmacies reaching 200 million patients in 10 European countries.
- Merger and acquisitions due diligence in support of U.S. and international private equity and venture capital firms.
- Representative assignments include: Conduct and assist with due diligence for venture capital (MVM Life Sciences) and private equity (e.g., Stonebridge Partners) firms.
- Board advisor and acting CEO for Advanced Provider Solutions (PayDC, Inc.). Manage ambitious offshore software development and U.S. commercialization for cloud-based practice management software enterprise serving chiropractors today and physical therapists in the future.
- Consultant and board advisor for PatientConnect Ltd., a private, VC-backed and UK-based firm providing well-targeted, measurable, pharmacy data-driven patient education programs in pharmacies in Europe.
- Business development leader for emerging, award-winning machine learning/AI company pursuing neurology and oncology opportunities in concert with Mayo Clinic.
TargetRx, Inc., Horsham, PA, 2008 - 2011
- Appointed to lead VC-backed healthcare data information services business in pharmaceutical industry.
- Develop and monetize potential of unique database comprised of more than 300 million survey responses of over 80,000 physicians on range of topics germane to pharmaceutical clients.
- Database enabled predictive modeling of prescribing behavior based on attitudinal and behavioral inputs.
- Successfully raised $10 million in new capital.
- Achieved 89% EBITDA and over 41% revenue growth in down market.
- Delivered the two best EBITDA results in the company's 11-year history.
- Repositioned company, developed new team and launched two significant new products.
- Developed Strategic Plan for sustained, profitable growth.
- Orchestrated strategic process which culminated in successful sale of the company.
Catalina Marketing Corporation, St. Petersburg, FL, 2004 - 2007
President, Catalina Health Resource Division and Executive Vice President, Catalina Marketing Corp
- Spearheaded successful turnaround as President of Catalina Health Resource Division.
- Restructured business and reduced costs.
- Elevated sales 42% in first three years (to $98.6 million).
- Increased unit's pre-tax profits by more than $32 million in two years (to $33.9 million).
- Created tight-knit Executive Team (Marketing, Sales, Retail, HR, Finance, IT, Analytical Services, Regulatory).
- Developed strategic plan for sustained, profitable growth.
- Promoted from Corporate SVP to EVP after one year, based on accomplishments.
- Integral player in private equity sale of Catalina to Hellman & Friedman.
Nelson Communications Worldwide, New York, NY, 2000 - 2004
Company Group Chairman, (Publicis Healthcare Communications Group)
- Spearheaded company growth to exceed $1 billion.
- Promoted following acquisition of Nelson Communications by Paris-based Publicis Groupe S.A., the world's fourth largest advertising holding company.
- Member of agency's 8-person Office of the Chairman that spearheaded growth to exceed $1 billion.
- Led merger of Hispanic healthcare agency (Bienestar) with sister agency (Saatchi & Saatchi's Conill) to form "top ten" U.S. Hispanic agency.
- Promoted to Chairman of Global Business Integration to manage seamless coordination of company's European healthcare agencies with U.S. agency counterparts.
Bienestar LCG Communications Inc. , New York, NY, 1995 - 2000
President & CEO, (Subsidiary of Nelson Communications, Inc., and HealthCall Network, LLC)
- Joined nation's #1 private healthcare communications company as Chief Executive of multiple business units and start-ups in the group's diversified sector.
- Founded and built first dedicated U.S. Hispanic healthcare agency (Bienestar).
- Created healthcare event marketing unit with pharmacy field force of 5,000 (HealthCall).
- Executed company's most successful acquisition in its history (LCG Latino).
- Managed, as Chairman, new sales promotion company (Creative Promotion Partners).
- Led all units from conception through start-up, growth and profitability.
Johnson & Johnson, (Vistakon, Inc.), Jacksonville, FL, 1985 - 1995
Vice President, Global Marketing and Management Board member
- Chief marketing executive and architect of global launch of ACUVUE® disposable contact lenses; launch transformed global contact lens industry.
- Launched ACUVUE, world's first disposable contact lens, and built brand into best selling contact lens in the world.
- Built and developed recognized, world class marketing team.
- Major contributor to Vistakon growth from small U.S. contact lens company (over $20 million sales) to become global leader, with sales in 56 countries exceeding $500 million.
- Developed and launched three new brands plus nine line extensions, and built every new brand to market leading share position in its segment.
- Gained diverse responsibilities: U.S. Management Board; Global Marketing Board; U.S. Brand Management; New Product Development; Consumer & Professional Marketing; Public Relations; Strategic Planning; Market Research; Competitive Intelligence; U.S. Customer Service, Worldwide Distribution.
- Designated J&J Company Spokesperson with the consumer and trade press.
Product Director, (J&J Baby Products Company), Skillman, NJ, 1985 - 1988
- Managed complete line of JOHNSON's ® Baby skin care products and assorted adult brands.
- Built sales of Johnson & Johnson baby products to $100 million annually by introducing three successful line extensions in two years.
- Launched SERENITY®, breakthrough super-absorbent incontinence product, directing cross-functional team of operations, research and development, engineering, finance, sales and marketing.
Product Director, (J&J - McNeil Consumer Products, Inc.), Fort Washington, PA, 1982 - 1985
- Core member of team that re-launched TYLENOL® following infamous cyanide capsule tampering incident.
- Received classic consumer packaged goods training with #1 OTC Drug Company in U.S.
- Managed TYLENOL's $100 million budget.
- Developed and launched TYLENOL Caplet line extension.
- Re-launched TYLENOL to sales force in safety-sealed packaging just weeks after crisis.
- Played key role in restoring Tylenol to #1 market share position in U.S.
Honors & Publications
- CEO of HER (Electronic Health Record) Certified
- Conversational French
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Board of Directors, Second Chance Toys & Founder of PA Chapter
- George School Committee (GSC) member and Clerk of Strategic Planning Operating Committee
- Board of Trustees, Medical Missions for Children
- Brown University Alumni Service Committee (BASC)
- Wharton Alumni Association
- Germantown Friends School, Class Agent
- Awarded European Economic Community Fellowship
- Recipient of multiple American Marketing Association "Effie" Awards for effective consumer advertising during tenure at Johnson & Johnson.
- Awarded Wharton's European Economic Community Fellowship: Worked at Bureau of Competition and wrote thesis on U.S Investment in EEC
- Philadelphia Business Journal Life Sciences "CEO of the Year" winner
- Venture capital business turnaround and strategic sale (TargetRx, Inc.)
- Rapid turnaround, growth and public-to-private equity sale (Catalina Health Resource)
- Entrepreneurial growth and sale of Nelson Communications Inc. to Publicis Healthcare Communications
- Marketing leadership: Acuvue Disposable Contact Lens launch; Tylenol cyanide poisoning "comeback" (J&J)
- Board member: Second Chance Toys; Philadelphia Youth Basketball; Medical Missions for Children; George School; Connexion Healthcare
- M.B.A. Marketing, The Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
- B.A. Semiotics, Brown University, Providence, RI