- Detailed research and analysis in software, electrical systems, electronics and computers.
- Special skills in electromagnetic radiation, firmware, circuits, computer architecture, hardware and software interface, audio and video.
- Experience in product defect and failure, patent infringement and forensic analysis.
- Engineering in commercial applications software, control systems, electronic test and debugging.
Expert Witness Experience
- Available for testimony, deposition, research and litigation support.
Undisclosed Company, Owner, 2004 - Present
- Consulting Engineer in operating a private practice servicing in the following areas:
Electromagnetic Field Radiation
- Surveyed and calculated E and B fields near high-voltage transmission lines:
- Calculated nominal exposure from public WiFi systems.
- Calculated nominal exposure from cellular base stations.
- Investigated residential electrical and electronic damage in insurance claim for a strike.
- Researched attraction of lightning to worn personal music systems.
Reverse Engineering Digital Design
- Analyzed digital answering machine to determine disposition of recorded message.
- Investigated fires related to water heater, dehumidifier, electric dryer motor and furnace.
Software-Controlled Audio System
- Resolved hardware faulty wiring, configured software and operating system.
Video on Personal Computers
- Constructed, configured, and installed a home entertainment PC.
- Analyzed real-time video processor overload effects in an on-site installation.
Lockheed Martin, Valley Forge, PA, Commercial Applications Software Engineer, 2004 - 2003
- Managing classified projects.
- Operating a side project in handheld-platform software development resulting in a patent.
Teknetix, Inc., Parkersburg, WV, Electronics Test and Debug Engineer, 2002 - 2001
- Logic analyzers and oscilloscopes for electronics debug.
- In-circuit test system development and Implementation.
- Functional test design, production, and operation.
- Manufacturing defect location and correction.
E. I. DuPont de Nemours & Co., Washington, WV, Control Systems Engineer, 2001 - 1999
- Distributed control system and programmable logic controller software.
- Process Instrumentation.
Engineering Animation, Inc., Ames, IA, Software Engineer, 1999 - 1997
- Developed OpenGL render engine with MPEG-2 compression to generate 80 GB of video.
- Created a presentational computer game for corporate IPO.
Honors & Publications
- Graduate work in FPGAs(Field Programmable Gate Array)and silicon devices, Villanova University, Villanova, PA
- Registered Professional Engineer - Ohio
- Linux Professional Institute Certificate - LPIC-1
- Python, Perl, C/C++C, Visual BASIC, FORTRAN 77, MATLAB
- VHDL, Verilog
- SQL, MySQL
- Linux and most UNIX flavors
- Windows XP, 2000, 98, 95 and NT 4.0
- Computer and Network Architecture, Concepts, and Protocols
- Handheld-Platform Software Development
Academic and Professional Affiliations,
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), Computer Society
- ASTM International, Committee E58 on Forensic Engineering
- Correspondent with National Academy of Forensic Engineers (NAFE)
- Wireless PDA-platform locator device.
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, Iowa State University, Ames, IA