- Wind energy and telecom safety.
- OSHA Authorized Outreach Trainer for Construction Safety, Telecom Construction.
- Safety, and General Industry Safety.
- Heavy rigging for mobile cranes and the tower industry; structural steel erection.
- Certified Mobile Crane Inspector and Instructor for the Crane Institute of America.
- Instructor for the Naval Submarine Training Center Pacific and served the U.S. Navy Submarine Fleet as a Combat Systems Specialists.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in the application interpretation and compliance of OSHA, ANSI, ASME, NFPA and AWS standards and regulations, as well as trainer certifications from a wide variety of academia.
- PMI and vertical rescue solutions instructor.
- Voice Stream
Wind Energy Clients
- John Deere Renewables
- E.ON Energy
- Ivy Tech Community College
- Performed site safety audits for the Telecom and Wind Industry.
- PCS and cellular tower experience in several capacities: Team Leader, Project Manager, Safety Manager and Trainer.
- Contracted to conduct Tower Safety Training for dozens of tower companies across the U.S.
- Performed safety training specific to tower and wind structures across the U.S. for industry and government, including OSHA.
- As a Water Tower Erection Foreman and Welder: built, installed, maintained, serviced, and decommissioned water tanks and towers in 26 states.
- U.S. NAVY: Submarine service leading NCO as Instructor and Prospective Commanding Officer Trainer for the Pacific and Atlantic fleet, and Trainer for Multi-National, NATO Forces and ASW Warfare Trainer.
Com-Tech Construction Inc., Director of Safety and Training, 2000 - Present
Construction and Wind Energy Services serving the positions:
- Construction Manager
- Safety Program Management
- Safety Trainer
- Project Manager
- Business Development
- Provides over 11 years' experience in the structural steel erection and telecommunications industry, ranging from construction supervisor to his current position as Safety Director and Training Services Manager.
- Safety and health trainer specializing in the high risk wireless communications client industry.
Ivy Tech Community College, Lafayette, IN, Present
- Adjunct Faculty
Leary Construction, 1993 - 2000
- General Foreman/Safety Manager
- Combat Systems Specialists and later as Program Instructor for the Naval Submarine Training Center Pacific.
- Began construction career after serving in the U.S. Navy Submarine Fleet as a Combat Systems Specialists and later as Instructor for the Naval Submarine Training Center Pacific.
Honors & Publications
- OSHA Outreach Trainer for construction, telecom construction and general Industry
- HAZMAT Trained Employee
- Crane Institute of America Mobile Crane Trainer and Inspector
- Crosby Group Advanced Rigging Trainer
- Powered Industrial Lift Truck Trainer
- Vertical Rescue/Industrial Rescue Trainer
- DBI/SALA Competent Climber/Rescuer Trainer
- NFPA Electrical Safety Program Trainer
- Radio Frequency Safety International Advanced Trainer
- RSI Advanced Trainer, DBI/SALA Competent Climber/Rescue Trainer
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Wind Energy Association
- Indiana Wind Working Group
- National Association of Tower Erectors
- American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE), ANSI A10.48 Committee
- Association of Technology Management Applied Engineering (ATMAE)
- Eastern Michigan University, Emergency Preparedness and Response
- U.S. Navy Technical Training
- A.A.S. Applied Science, Wind Energy Technology, Ivy Tech Community College, Lafayette, IN