Chemical Engineer Expert in Biofuels, Green Solvents/Ionic Liquids for Chemical Processes, and Polymeric Packaging
Technical Consultant #1819
- Biofuel synthesis and production (cellulosic ethanol and biodiesel).
- Green solvents (such as ionic liquids) for chemical processes.
- Biocatalysis in nonaqueous and aqueous solvents (including ionic liquids).
- Polymeric packaging for food and drugs.
- Ionic derivatives of betulinic acid.
- Protease activation in glycerol-based deep eutectic solvents.
- Fluorescence energy transfer efficiency in labeled yeast cytochrome.
- Molecular Thermodynamic Modeling (HSFT).
- Synthesis and enzymatic resolution of L homophenylalanine hydrochloride.
- Esterification of amino acids by using Ionic liquid as a green catalyst.
Undisclosed University, Chemistry Department, 2004 - Present
- Associate Professor (Tenured), 2009 - Present
- Assistant Professor, 2004 - 2009
- Research with Biocatalysis in Ionic liquids (ILs)
Bergen Community College, NJ, 2004
- Lecturer, Chemistry
Rutgers University, NJ, Food Science, 2002 - 2004
- Post Doctorate Associate
New Jersey Institute of Technology, NJ, 1998 - 2002
- Teaching Assistant, Chemistry
Tianjin University, China, 1997 - 1998
- Assistant Lecturer, Chemical Engineering
FASEB NIH Grantsmanship Workshop, Tucson, AZ
Faculty Training Workshops
- Online workshop Response Systems to Increase Class Participation and Retention, Wiley Faculty
- QEM NSF-CAREER grant writing workshop in Las Vegas, NV
- Fourier Transform Infrared Spectroscopy, Washington DC
- International Microwaves in Chemistry Conference and Workshop in Orlando, FL
- Grant Writing Workshop, Savannah State University, GA
- Polymer Chemistry: Principles and Practice (A lecture-laboratory course), ACS Short Course, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA
- University of Kentucky/National Institute of General Medical Sciences Internet Grant Writing Program at the University of Kentucky, Lexington, KY
- Thermo Fisher GC-MS Training Workshop, Savannah State University
Honors & Publications
- English (spoken and written)
- Chinese (spoken and written)
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Institute of Chemical Engineers (AIChE)
- American Chemical Society (ACS)
- Royal Society of Chemistry (RSC)
- RSC Research Fund Award, Royal Society of Chemistry
- Most Cited Paper Award for Tetrahedron, Asymmetry, Elsevier
- Excellent Presentation Award, Food Science Conference
- Outstanding Presentation Certificate, UNI-TECH Student Conference
Publications and Patents
- Author and Co Author; chapters to books and refereed journal publications (45)
- Over 880 citations-(highest single paper citation, over 270)
- Author and Co Author of presentation and conferences
- Journal Reviewer
- Ph.D. Chemical Engineering, New Jersey Institute of Technology, NJ
- M.S. Chemical Engineering, Tianjin University, China
- B.S. Chemistry, Tianjin University, China