- A practicing Medical Doctor with 10 years of experience in neurosciences, five years in nuclear medicine, and one year in molecular biology and pathology.
- Assessments of brain trauma patients, disability cases, for the insurance industry.
- Extensive experience in data analysis of PET, SPECT MRI, fMRI, and EEG with source localization.
- Extensive experience in medicine, clinical research and analysis including GCP regulations, specializing in clinical neurology, radiology and pathology.
- Knowledgeable in database management and biostatistics.
- Leading areas of medical research: Alzheimer's and Parkinson's
- Brain imaging data for the development of bionic based software to enhance creativity and intelligence.
Undisclosed Company, Medical Director, 2012 - Present
- Telemedicine, Family practice. Treatment of a variety of medical conditions in a wide range age population from infants to elderly.
Censeo Health, Medical Doctor, 2011 - 2012
- Insurance Assessments. Home based medical evaluations to geriatric patients.
Cognimetrix Inc., President and Senior Advisor, 2007 - Present
- Responsible of business management and strategic planning, scientific research on creativity and artificial intelligence.
- Independent medical examination assessments, networking activities, and administrative activities.
Cerebral Diagnostics Canada, Inc., Brain Imaging Research Scientist, 2006 - 2008
- Responsible for extensive data collection and EEG recording; pilot data, advanced image and statistical analyses; literature review and meta-analysis; project management; software development and debugging; business management and administration.
- Conducting investigations of the properties of electrical fields generated by the brain.
University of Toronto, Canada, Research Fellow, 2004 - 2006
- Conducted research on dementia and medical techniques specific to SPECT, PET, and MRI.
- Gathered, developed, and analyzed a database of 1,600 patients files; organized on of the largest database in the world for SPECT and dementia.
- Coordinated and managed human subjects, including brain imaging scans; interfaced with medical and research professionals and hospitals in coordinating new research projects; and reviewed and made recommendations for grant applications for the Alzheimer's Association.
State of University, NY, Resident in Pathology, 2002 - 2003
- Developed a methodology for brain tumor research; analyzed slides, assessed clinical lab findings, and composed abstracts on research results.
- Performed anatomy pathology, chemistry, and molecular biology research as well as human autopsies.
- Reviewed slides for histology and anatomic pathology; worked with multi-disciplinary teams performing research and providing medical care to patients; and performed neuroscience research focused on chemistry, molecular biology, and immunology.
University of Pennsylvania, Research Fellow in Nuclear Medicine, 2000 - 2001
- Established protocols and performed research analyzing a PET, SPECT, and planar imaging in order to image patient database for Parkinson's disease, dementia, and brain death.
- Reconstructed database files, including technical analysis of Windows, Mac, and UNIX computer systems for clinical research.
- Reviewed brain images of patients; provided medical advice and information; analyzed the technical aspects of positron emission tomography and single photon emission computed tomography.
- Created a methodology for assessing Alzheimer's patients utilizing nuclear medicine techniques.
Emory University, Postdoctoral Fellow, 1999 - 2000
- Conducted research and analysis on humans using PET, focusing on touch and Parkinson's disease.
- Studied animal subjects and trained them to apply tactile stimulus for electrophysiological measuring; reviewed patient data from the PET scans and performed analysis using SPM and MATLAB.
- Developed protocols and performed clinical trials with PET, MRI, and psychophysics on human subjects; studied the basic science mechanisms of tactile stimulus in Parkinson's disease.
University of Minnesota, Resident in Neurology, 1994 - 1996
- Performed clinical rounds, reviewed patient data, and managed a caseload of patients.
Honors & Publications
- Neurology, University of Minnesota
- Pathology, SUNY Buffalo
- Brain Imaging, Emory University
- Nuclear Medicine, University of Pennsylvania
- Brain Imaging, University of Toronto
- Cognitive Neuroscience and Brain Imaging - University of Toronto
Reviewer and Auditor
- Alzheimer's Association-Grants
- Psychiatry Research-Elsevier-Journals
- Canadian Standards Association: QMI Internal Auditor
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Society of Nuclear Medicine
- York Technology Association
- United States & Canadian Academy of Pathology
- College of American Pathologists
- American Medical Association
- Canadian Neurological Sciences Federation
- American Academy of Neurology
- Canadian society for the computational studies of intelligence
- American Association for the advancement of Artificial Intelligence
- Society for Neuroscience
- Cognitive Neuroscience Society
- American Society of Clinical Pathology
- Toronto Biotechnology Initiative
- Research and Development Canada
- Biotech Canada
- NIO, Neurotechnology Industry Organization
- Toronto Board of Trade.
- World Trade Center
- First Place Graduate at the Venezuela College Medical School and Practice.
- Author and Co-Author of numerous national and international manuscripts, posters and presentations.
- M.D. University of Central Venezuela, Caracas, Venezuela