System Design and Analysis Expert of Wireless and Wireline Communication Products
Technical Consultant #1807
- Subject Matter Expert of wireless, Radio Frequency (RF), and hardware systems.
- Wireless System Engineer.
- Hardware Design Engineer.
- Technical Program Analyst.
- Technical Hardware System Analysis.
- Product Improvement Specialist.
- Program Risk Assessor.
- Technical Report Analysis.
- Portable low power batteries.
Undisclosed Company, Principal Engineer, 2008 - Present
- As a Technical Analyst, evaluated new technologies and capabilities, then led efforts to insert them into a product to increase customer satisfaction.
- Supported government agencies as a Technical Advisor with detailed system, wireless technology, and hardware design expertise to acquire new software radio capability.
- Technical lead specified and lead efforts to acquire a 100 watt power amplifier operating between 225-450 and 1200-2000 MHz and the corresponding military antennas.
- Technical Writer: Developed and reviewed a number of Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) and Broad Area Announcement (BAA) with successful transfer into a product.
- Led hardware design, reviews, simulations, and troubleshooting of various hardware systems to reduce costly field problems.
- Program Risk Assessor identified and recommended mitigation strategies that were used to guide product development.
- System Analyst combining tradeoff and risk analysis to reduce program cost while improving reliability.
- Led software porting of waveform to an existing hardware platform.
- Technical management and daily operation of software radio program.
MITRE, Eatontown, NJ, Lead Communication System and Hardware Engineer, 2000 - 2008
- Led technical analysis of wireless technology, evaluated Wideband Networking Waveform (WNW) a networking wireless waveform based on Orthogonal Frequency Division Multiplexing (OFDM) to identify and correct key performance limitations.
- Proposal Evaluator for a number of Government proposals providing technical depth in systems, waveform, and hardware assessments to identify a programs feasibility, shortcomings, and risks.
- Led multifunctional team of software, hardware, and government engineers to determine the efforts of increasing capability of an existing product for a cost proposal.
- Technical Evaluator of existing military programs to determine feasibility to achieving program objectives, the reports was used by Government to consider termination.
- Software tools came up with a methodology to achieve portability of waveform code targeted for FPGAs and DSPs.
Motorola, Schaumburg, IL, Staff Engineer, 1990 - 2000
- Chief System Architect that lead development of a 4G radio system capable of supporting 25 mbps using COTS hardware configured as a software radio consisting of Field Programmable Gate Arrays (FGPA), Digital Signal Processors (DSP), and microprocessors.
- Lead Engineer: Created an OFDM waveform architecture, wrote the Very High Level Design Language (VHDL), and lead software, RF, and hardware engineers.
- Wireless Channel Analyst: Performed channel sounding of the MMDS frequency band, 2.455 to 2.495 GHz, that was published as an IEEE paper referenced in the IEEE 802.16 standards.
- Wireless Protocol Analyst: Worked with a team to specify a software radio microprocessor instruction set and software radio architecture.
- Rapid Prototype Designer of a wireless mobile video conference system using Mentor to design boards and VHDL to program FPGAs.
- Hardware Designer of wireless base stations for GSM and CDMA.
- Hardware design of computer, fiber-optics, and control systems.
AG (AT&T/GTE), Phoenix, AZ, Member of the Technical Staff, 1987 - 1990
- Hardware Designer of wireless base stations for GSM and CDMA at Motorola and wireline products for GTE.
- VHDL Pioneer, one of the first, to use VHDL to synthesize to an FPGA.
- ASIC Designer: Developed two ASICS and methodology using FPGAs to verify ASIC functionality prior to fabrication with 100% success.
- Hardware Engineer: Generated functional and timing requirements; performed detailed technical reviews; simulation and verification; and debugged hardware consisting of microprocessors, fiber optics, and digital control circuitry.
- Lead Engineer in the redesign of GTE's central office computer significantly increasing performance.
- Troubleshooter with excellent debugging skills and a love for solving problems.
Honors & Publications
- Focused Education: Signal Processing and Communication, Control Systems, Computer, and Communication.
- MMDS Frequency Band.
- Output Vectors Generated During Functional Simulation Can Reduce Design's Verification Cycle.
- M.S. Electrical Engineering, National Technological University, Fort Collins, CO
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan, Dearborn, MI