- Immunology, neuro-immunology, immune regulation, autoimmunity and neuroscience research.
- Immune assays and immune cell isolations.
- In vivo animal models of autoimmune diseases.
- Mouse model studies in Autoimmune diseases and immunotherapy.
- Neuro-immune interactions, neuro-Immunology
- Autoimmune diseases and autoimmunity.
- Immune regulation
- Regulatory T Cells
- Th17 biology
- Advanced flow cytometer
- Multiple sclerosis
- Ocular immunology
- Molecular biology techniques
- T cell help
Local University School of Medicine, 2010 - Present
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate for the Department of Internal Medicine, (Section of Immunology / Rheumatology).
University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT, 2006 - 2010
- Graduate Research Assistant for the Department of Immunology.
National Brain Research Center, (Government of India), Manesar, India, 2004 - 2006
- Graduate Research Assistant for the Department of Biotechnology.
Fergusson College, University of Pune, Pune, India, 2001 - 2004
- Undergraduate Research for the National Center for Cell Sciences (NCCS).
University - Industry Policy Experience
University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, 2009 - 2010
- Representative from the Graduate School, UConn-Industry Interaction Committee.
- The only Student representative selected from the Graduate School.
Pharmaceutical/Biotech Industry Experience
Haffkine Biopharmaceutical Corporation Limited, India, 2003
Scientific Reviewing Experience
- Ad-hoc reviewer, Dove Press.
- Journal of Inflammation Research.
- International Journal of Interferon, cytokine and mediator research.
- Journal of asthma and allergy.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- The American Association of Immunologists (AAI)
- Society for Neuroscience (USA)
- Indian Academy of Neurosciences
- Author and Co-Author of 9 publications.
- Ph.D. Immunology, University of Connecticut Health Center, Farmington, CT
- M.S. National Brain Research Center (Government of India), Manesar, India
- B.S. Chemistry, Fergusson College, University of Pune, Pune, India