Expert Medicinal Chemistry Consultant Specializing in Organic Medicinal Chemistry, and Patent Examination
Technical Consultant #1723
- Synthetic organic chemistry, analysis of various classes of compounds, achieving successful new challenges toward a position as a Medicinal Chemistry Consultant, and Consultant in chemical marketing.
- Achieved and conceived synthetic methodology for construction of difficult glycosidic bonds unachievable by conventional synthetic methods, present in many natural compounds that display interesting biological activities as anti-cancer, anti-cardiac agents.
- Large scale syntheses of monosaccharides.
- Experienced in process chemistry, and clean GMP laboratories - medium large scale of diverse monosaccharides for preparation of large saccharides.
- Parallel synthesis, for multi-step natural product synthesis, carbohydrate synthesis and glycoconjugates.
- Natural product synthesis of cyclic compounds, C-C bond formation, and asymmetric synthesis of small molecules natural products.
- Synthesis of, heterocyclic compounds, modified nucleotides and nucleosides.
- Air sensitive compounds manipulating, including synthesis of various compounds, and organophosphorous compounds.
- Organo-metallic elements transition, (Rhodium, Cobalt, and Palladium), and organosilicons for synthesis of various natural products.
- Peptide synthesis, solid phase, peptidomimetics, and racimization analysis and purification by HPLC.
- Experienced in 1D-NMR, 2D-NMR (H-H COSY, C-H COSY, HMBC, TOCSY, ROESY), other analytical techniques HPLC, GC-MS, IR-UV spectroscopy.
Undisclosed Company, Canada, Medicinal Chemistry Consultant, Present
- Develop; devise new efficient synthetic schemes for anti-cancer, antiviral agents, such as small molecules, heterocycles, complex intermediates for natural peptidomimetics, asymmetric synthesis of bio-active compounds that are to be carried out in company's laboratory.
Undisclosed Company, Bellevue, WA, Scientific Consultant, Organic Chemistry, 2009 - Present
- Writing solution report to support scientist to promoting discoveries and inventions that can lead to a patent allowance.
- Participation in various laboratory sessions, meetings with industrial and federal scientists. Scientific reviewing of novel inventions in organic and nanochemistry.
Miami Dade College, Miami, FL, Adjunct Professor - General and Organic Chemistry, 2009
- Lecture and laboratory teaching for first and second year college students, pre-nursing, pre-med, pre-pharmacy, biology and chemistry.
U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Junior Scientific Patent Examiner, 2008
- Junior patent examiner in Organic Chemistry, Biotech, Pharmaceutical.
- Skills of patent examining applications, inventions, search of prior art by using multiple scientific and patent search software toward finding prior art.
- Use of scientific specialty to determine prior art, patentability or non-patentability of organic chemistry inventions for chemical mixtures, natural products, polymers pertaining to Biotech-Pharma.
National Institute of Child Health and Human Development, Bethesda, MD, 2006 - 2008
- As a Post-Doctoral Research Fellow research project focused on the synthesis and development of polysaccharides and lipido-aminoacids adjuvant and the combination of these adjuvants with a short saccharide or polysaccharide to construct a glyco-amino lipid derivative.
- Synthesis of mono-saccharides in medium-large scale synthesis in clean GMP room laboratory, to construct oligosaccharides.
- Linkage of glycoamino-lipids to a carrier protein in order to stimulate cellular immune defense.
Organic Chemistry Institute, University of Tubingen, Germany, Research Associate, 2001 - 2005
- Developed and devised the total stereo and region-selective synthesis of cyclic disaccharides by Intra-molecular Glycosylation, an efficient methodology to create difficult glycoside linkages present in natural glycol-conjugates; unachievable by the conventional glycosylation method.
- The cyclic products can be transformed into a polysaccharide to construct polysaccharide vaccines, glycoconjugates, dendrimers of medicinal importance.
Organic Chemistry Institute, University of Lausanne, Switzerland, Research Associate, 1993
- Elaborated the design, chemical synthesis, and structure-function relationships of peptide-mimetics to mimic the turn conformation for potential use in drug development.
- Purification of peptide mimetics by High Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) and identification by diverse spectroscopic methods.
CIBA-Geigy, Agrochemical Division, Basel Switzerland, Synthetic Organic Chemist, 1992
- Achieved the asymmetric synthesis of natural products by C-C bond formation, to be tested as pesticides, and fungicides for plant protection.
- Completed the purification of these compounds by column chromatography and HPLC. Cooperation with biologists to study biological activity of these compounds on plants.
- Wrote laboratory protocols to conform to the company's regulations, held seminars to interpret results, and attended seminars held by Ciba-Geigy's and other company's synthetic chemist.
Honors & Publications
- Graduated Magna Cum Laude (the highest credential awarded to a foreign - non-German, Ph.D. Candidate).
- Numerous software search programs for patent examining, Patent Searching East, West, AOCS, and Dialog, also extremely helpful for bibliographical chemical searches pertaining to scientific research.
- Tools: PowerPoint, MS-Word, Word Perfect, Excel, Windows 1998, 2000, 2003-2007.
- Utilization of chemistry program softwares such as Chemsketch, Chemwindows, Chemdraw, STN, CAPLUS file registry, file registry chemical drawings (from STN) Beilstein, Sci-Finder, NMR-programs to retrieve and process 1 and 2 dimensional NMR spectrums.
- Excellent communications skills, facility to integrate in multicultural, multi-ethnic groups, multidisciplinary groups and strong international experiences.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- American Chemical Society
- Member of the American Association for the Advancement of Science
Publications and Patents
- Abstract and Ph.D. thesis work published.
- 3 Articles published, one published in Beilstein, Journal of Organic Chemistry.
- Ph.D. Organic Chemistry, Institute of Organic Chemistry, University of Tubingen, Germany
- M.Sc. University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France
- B.Sc. University Paul Sabatier, Toulouse, France