Water Pump Expert and Consultant for Pumping Equipment and Systems
Technical Consultant #1720
- Design of pumping stations for flood control, municipal conveyance, industrial applications, environmental transfers, cooling systems and water supplies.
- Design of centrifugal, axial flow and mixed flow pumps.
- Fluid flow analysis through piping systems; Fluid mechanics of pumping systems, friction loss analysis, total head determination and selection of curves.
- Pumping systems accessories including gears, engines, motors, speed control, hydraulic drives, and accessories.
- Design, engineering, manufacturing, installation, and operation of the full range centrifugal, axial and mixed flow pumps to a wide spectrum of processes and systems.
- Conceptual designs of new fluid systems and their components including diagnostic evaluations of deficient hardware.
- Vibration diagnostic data to complement other hydraulic and mechanical parameters, synergistic approach to fluid system design and component specifications.
- Experience in ferrous, non-ferrous, and non-metallic base materials and coatings used in pumps and pump accessories.
- Diagnostics of fluid flow using empirical data and established flow parameters, acquired insight into predictive flow and performance problems.
- Directed test programs to directly and indirectly monitor system and pump performance.
- Developed new pump sales channels and partnerships for selling equipment.
- Revised pump curves for axial and mixed flow pumps ranging from 16" to 142".
- Designed and built a series of submersible trash handling pumps with enormous sales potential.
Undisclosed Company, Pump Consultant, 2009 - Present
- Perform detailed mechanical design/analysis of pumping stations, water supply systems and prepare project cost estimates.
- Supervise preparation of detailed project contract drawings.
- Prepare equipment specifications.
- Assist field offices to correctly implement the intents of plans and specifications.
- Check and review project plans and specifications.
- Check and approve submittals on projects currently being built.
- Trouble-shoot existing under performing and troubled pump facilities.
- Visit manufacturer's plants for equipment testing and performance verification.
- Consult with suppliers / manufacturers for suitability of equipment.
New Orleans-East, Hurricane Protection Office, and Pump Engineer Station
- Due to the raising of the levees, three pumping station required replacement pumping equipment that will enable them to contend with increased head conditions.
- Selection of new equipment, specifications and drawings, cost estimates and follow up on the reviews and engineering support.
Dallas Pump Station Improvements, Dallas, TX, Pump Engineer
- Design flood control pump stations for the City of Dallas utilizing Concrete Volute Pumps (CVP).
- Design stations to operate for the 100-year frequency storm event; stations consisted of three new and two refurbished stations.
- Conducted head calculations, pump selection, budget pricing and independent technical reviews of the 35% design.
The Contra Costa Water District (CCWD) Oakland, CA, Pump Engineer
- Raising of the Los Vaqueros Reservoir (LVR) level by 35 feet to a new peak elevation of 507 ft., to evaluate pumping options relating to the existing pumping station for filling the reservoir while maintaining the current average weekly pumping rate of 200 cubic feet per second (cfs).
- New pumping system capable of operating under the varying head conditions during its life cycle.
- Providing new design conditions, selection and evaluation of existing and new equipment, cost analysis and prepare plans and specification for replacement of existing equipment.
Florida Power and Light (FPL), Juno Beach, FL, Pump Consultant, 2007 - 2008
- Shop surveillance and engineering support of repair, inspections and rebuild of circulating water pumps, boiler feed pumps, condensate pumps and some support motor repairs.
- Performance testing at the manufacturing and repair facilities and field monitoring of pumping equipment to determine suitability for continued operation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve pumping equipment problems and recommend repair options.
- Create and review new and repair specifications and support quotation development.
- Prepare technical proposals, procedures and engineering calculations.
- Failure analysis, predictive performance analysis, installation and test reviews.
- Vibration monitoring and balancing of pumps.
- Development of programs to help prioritize testing, monitoring and maintenance of rotating equipment to maximize reliability.
FPI Pumps, Pompano Beach, FL VP, Director of Engineering, 2002 - 2006
- Developed customize pump designs and applications and build pumps based on customer requirements.
- Provide technical support for repair and improvement of pumps.
Tandem Technologies Inc., Boca Raton, FL, Consulting Engineer, 1995 - 2002
- Pump consulting in water, wastewater and engineering design and collaboration on large water resources projects.
- Performed detailed mechanical design/analysis of pumping stations and water supply systems.
- Supervise preparation of detailed project contract drawings.
- Prepared equipment specifications and project cost estimates.
- Mechanical inspection/detailed report of pump station.
- Cost estimate for purchasing $20 million pumping equipment.
- Equipment review for sewage treatment plant at Altamonte Springs.
- Pumping equipment review for South Florida Water Management District.
- Reviewed roller gates and operating systems.
M W I Corp., Deerfield Beach, FL, Chief Mechanical Engineer, 1986 - 1995
- Pumping applications for water/wastewater and large infrastructure pumping projects.
- Engineer and manager in manufacturing environment with projects ranging from $1 million to $5 million.
- CADD applications and solid modeling.
- Remote data retrieval for equipment testing.
State of Louisiana, Transportation & Development, Baton Rouge, LA, Engineer IV, 1974 - 1986
- Mechanical engineer covering flood control and engineering construction activities for the entire state.
- Design and build of new pumping stations.
- Renovation of existing pumping stations.
- Managed contacts with pump equipment manufacturers.
- Reviewed specification and drawings by consulting engineering companies.
- Managed drafting and technical support from drafting persons and electrical engineers.
Honors & Publications
- Registered P.E. Louisiana and Florida.
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
Publications and Patents
- Authored 9 instructional and design publications.
- M.Sc. Rotodynamic Machines, Punjab University, Chandigarh, India
- B.Sc. Mechanical Engineering, Punjab University, Chandigarh, India