- Software and computer code expert and business systems designer with broad consulting experience.
- Business analysis and communication skills focused on software and hardware solutions to improve business effectiveness and productivity.
- Expert in Visual Basic: VBA, VB 6.0, VB.NET, Excel/VBA, Excel macros, Excel Add-ins, Access/VBA, ASP, Oracle, Microsoft SQL, Web Development, Visual Studio, Microsoft Access.
- Working knowledge Visual Studio 8 and all of the Microsoft Products (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, and VBA) in version 2007.
- Data base management and migrations to ever more efficient platforms.
- JCAHO (Joint Commission on Accreditation) coding.
Independent Consultant, 1997 - Present
Pennsylvania Hospital, PA
- Compiled the code for the Cleaning Compliance Tool for the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations (JCAHO) for Pennsylvania Hospital, written in VBA.
- 81 areas of responsibility that composed the hospital and they were covered by 42 Nurse Supervisors.
The Chemical Heritage Foundation, Philadelphia, PA
- Wrote the VBA software to translate 240 Oral Histories from text files to Excel files that were uploaded to The Chemical Heritage Foundation web site.
The Vanguard Group, Valley Forge, PA
- Involved in the design and implementation of Vangard's Digital Dashboards for their reporting system.
- Responsible for managing one of the company's business areas as it was programmed for the translation to digital data.
RS Tech Group
- Given responsibility for the group which was composed of 10 Vanguard people.
- Dashboards were composed of relationships derived from a Microsoft Access database.
- Work involved management of all aspects of the "RS Tech Group" part of the Dashboard Designer, establishment of security dates, SQL and how it works, Best Practices, procedures for raw data archiving, Version Control, steering vs generic versions, documentation, production support, how it works, data from Essbase, import data (structure/file) and recordkeeping services.
GE Financial Assurance, Trevose, PA
- Completed 28 projects of varying scope, executing the complete development cycle for data handling process improvements and deploying several desktop applications site-wide via NT, Novell and web servers.
- Key player in the migration of the Department's general ledger accounting system from MSA to Oracle.
- Created and implemented automated processes for the Oracle Enterprise Financials GL transition that applied the MSA GL logic to over 25,000 company/account/centers.
- Prepared all of the GL history files executing 140 macro steps over a three-month period,with a total of 340,000 records uploaded to Oracle using a Unix File Transfer Protocol (FTP).
- Created a variety of other processing tools, for example, a series of VBA applications that turn Oracle text file outputs in to Excel workbooks, an application that gained wide use in the department.
- Published the Oracle Chart of Accounts in a LAN-based Access database with a form called by a desktop icon, another application that gained wide use in the department.
- Created an extensive web site on a data server to function as the Manual for the Oracle GL system.
- Developed a decision support system that produced the department's 175 internal profit and loss statements; migrated the system to the Oracle front end.
- Created a variety of data-handling automation solutions which are used to prepare input for GLDI (General Ledger Desktop Integrator), Oracles' GUI (Graphical User Interface).
- Functioned as the Microsoft Office consultant in this 75-person department answering hundreds of questions that improved quality and saved user time.
- Developed the Finance Department's Intranet Home Page.
- Migrated the department's LAN-based account reconciliation process from a large Excel workbook to a Microsoft Access database, eliminating many problems associated with a shared workbook with about two dozen users. Recommended migrating it again from an Access form called by a desktop icon to an Intranet web page.
American Fluid Conditioning Inc., Ivyland, PA, Founder and President, 1978 - 1996
- Starting with Microsoft Excel version 1.5 in the mid-eighties, began automating desktop tasks for the business using Excel's macro language.
- Over a period of 10 years, gained extensive experience with Excel, Access and Visual Basic for Applications.
- Distributor and manufacturers' representative supplying technically sophisticated process equipment and supplies to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and other chemical process industries.
- Process equipment products which included fermenters, instruments and process controls as well as equipment and supplies for cell culture, filtration and purification. Production through purification of proteins and biologicals are all processes requiring validation.
Allied Signal Corporation, Morristown, NJ, 1965 - 1978
- Created a track record of managerial effectiveness, market penetration, sales increases and technical competence that resulted in rapid progress from analytical bench chemist through sales and market development to product management. Filled the following position:
- Product Manager, 2 positions, 5 years
- Assistant Manager, Market Development, 2 years
- Sales Representative, 2 positions, 4 years
- Plant Technical Service Chemist, 2 years
U. S. Army, Walter Reed Army Institute of Research, 1968 - 1970
- During military service, conducted antimalarial drug research, publishing a paper on the results. Spectrometric Studies of the Interaction of an Antimalarial Quinoline Methanol with Deoxyribonucleic Acid, Antimicrobial Agents and Chemotherapy.
- MBA Management and Marketing, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA
- B.S. Chemistry, St. Joseph's University, Philadelphia, PA