Cellular Telephony, Radar, Antenna, and Radio Wave Transmission Expert
Technical Consultant #1595
- Electrical engineering design and analysis of antennas, arrays and propagation paths.
- Electromagnetic measurements and calculations for communication and radar systems.
- Expert testimony concerning health effects of electromagnetic waves.
- Wireless communication systems, including broadcasting, ultra wideband (UWB) and cellular telephony.
Examples of Specific Consulting Activity
- Radio and Television Broadcasting: Engineering designs and analyses of antennas, arrays, signal propagation paths, transmitter and receiver components.
- Antennas and antenna arrays for communication and radar: ELF through EHF, including UWB (ultra wide band); custom design formulas and computer simulations; effects of complicated environments.
- Narrative statements for FCC filings and expert testimony on antennas, arrays, signal propagation paths, transmitter and receiver components.
- Specific antenna types: VLF and LF airborne and submarine trailing wire antennas; VHF satellite telemetry antennas; UHF and microwave JTIDS antennas; radio and television broadcast antennas; leaky cable antennas; scanning Cassegrain antennas; compact ferrite-loaded antennas; Highway Advisory Radio antennas; folded unipole antennas; antennas for Empire State Building.
- Radio Wave Propagation Paths: Mathematical models and computer simulations, including UWB (ultra wide band).
- Electromagnetic Scattering and Radar Cross Section Analysis: RF through microwave; custom mathematical formulas and computer simulations.
- Electromagnetic wave re-radiation from communication towers; radar cross sections of missiles and aircraft.
- Architectural Electromagnetics: Measurement and computer simulation of electromagnetic fields in buildings, roof tops, areas around communications towers; expert testimony.
- Design of wave attenuating corridors for large government complex; analysis of electromagnetic interference at a Wall Street investment bank; electromagnetic field analysis for 50,000 square feet of commercial space in a Midtown Manhattan building.
- Bio-Electromagnetics: measurement and computer simulation of electromagnetic fields in work and residential areas; comparison with known standards and biological effects; expert testimony.
Independent Consultant, 1972 - Present
- Performed calculations and measurements for projects ranging from one week to three years in length, relating to electromagnetic waves, antennas, and radar scattering.
- Clients include individual professionals, government agencies, and the largest U.S. corporations.
MIT, Cambridge, MA, Instructor, 1969 - 1973
- Promoted from teaching assistant to Instructor with full faculty privileges, based upon teaching evaluation in Course, Bioelectronics Project Laboratory, a medical electronic circuit design course.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Instructor, MIT Dept. of Electrical Engineering
- Adjunct Professor, George Washington University
- Professional Engineer, State of Maryland
Publications and Patents
- Author of text book, Antennas and Applications.
- Author of numerous trade journal publications, most recently four Microwave Journal articles.
- Co-inventor of the Smart Booster, patent applied for, a major improvement in cellular telephony.
- Ph.D. Electromagnetics, MIT, Cambridge, MA
- M.S. Applied Physics, Harvard University, Cambridge, MA
- B.S. Electrical Engineering, MIT, Cambridge, MA