Mechanical Engineering Consultant: Internal Combustion Engines, Combustion Technology, Alternative Fuels, Emissions and Exhaust Treatment
Technical Consultant #1574
- Conventional and alternative fuels for passenger cars and trucks.
- Gasoline and diesel engine combustion.
- Exhaust gas analysis.
- Gasoline and diesel exhaust after treatment (TWC, DOC, fuel reformer, LNT, SCR, DPF).
Undisclosed University, Assistant Research Scientist, 2003 - Present
Gasoline combustion technology.
- Exhaust after treatment and catalysis of gasoline engine emissions.
- Exhaust hydrocarbon identification and origin analysis.
- Alternative fuels.
- Engine friction.
- Diesel oxidation catalysts
- Lean NOx traps (LNT)
- Selective catalytic reduction (LNT)
- Diesel particulate filters (DPF)
- Low temperature premixed diesel combustion
AVL Powertrain Inc., Plymouth, MI, Analysis/Project Engineer,1998 - 2002
- Gas dynamic, thermodynamic and combustion simulation of internal combustion engines.
- Variable valve actuation.
- Hydrogen combustion.
AVL LIST GmbH, Graz, Austria, Research Engineer, 1995 - 1997
- Gas dynamics of intake and exhaust systems of internal combustion engines.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- SAE member, invited speaker, conference session organizer
- ASME associate member, conference session chair
- Reviewer for: ASME Journal of Engineering of Gas Turbines and Power; SAE Technical Papers and Transactions; International Journal of Engine Research; International Journal of Thermal Sciences; Energy and Fuels.
- Fulbright Scholar
- 26 peer-reviewed publications.
- Authored numerous journal publications.
- Abstracts and conference proceedings.
- Ph.D. Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Illinois, Champaign/Urbana, IL
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering with Minor in Germanic Studies, University of Illinois, Champaign/Urbana