High Voltage Electrical Equipment Expert Witness and Consultant: Electrical Accidental Litigation and Insurance Investigation
Technical Consultant #1573
- Electrical accident investigation involving high voltage equipment, electrical safety and site procedure review.
- Expert witness consulting for the insurance industry and litigation support for legal counsel.
- Technical support for legal case preparation.
- Expert opinion reports and document review involving electrical safety, OSHA regulations and electrical engineering practice.
- Electrical safety training, marketing and training video production and electrical safety and training administration.
- Electrical power, control equipment installation and electrical equipment design, start-up, modifications, controls and troubleshooting.
Independent Consultant, 2001 - Present
- Case research for 13KV accidents.
- Fire in 480 V electrical cubicle investigation.
- Fire caused by molded case breaker.
- Case analysis for experienced engineer injured in 13KV compartment.
- Investigated and coordinated the installation of a roof solar system.
General Electric Company, 1961 - 2001
Northeast Safety Specialist, 1995 - 2001
- Training and accident investigations for Industrial field engineering and technician forces from Canada to Mexico.
- Updated GE Electrical safety requirements to equal or exceed OSHA regulation.
Training Coordinator and Field Engineer, 1975 - 1995
- Developed and marketed GE countrywide customer-training program.
- Conducted classes at GE and customer facilities. Course included High Voltage Electrical Safety, Control Maintenance and Troubleshooting and Introduction to Electricity.
- Primary Contract Manager for NYCTA Power Substations bids and contract management for 25 years and over $100 million.
- Solved unique electrical interface problems that could not be solved by other GE start-up engineers.
- Corporate recruiting coordinator for CCNY and Stevens.
- Consultant for GE's Electric Insurance Company.
Field Engineer, 1963 - 1975
- Responsible for electrical systems start-up, troubleshooting and repair of complex industrial process controls and regulators, variable speed motors, either new or very old.
- Modified controls and succeeded in start-up for the 12 chandelier controls at the Metropolitan Opera.
- Corrected major problems with the hydraulic stage controls and the lighting controls at Radio City Music Hall.
- Directed installation of printing press control start-up at major and small newspapers in NYC.
- Start-up a jumboized T-2 Tanker electric propulsion ship in Japan.
- Expert troubleshooter for T-2 tankers in NY and Boston harbor.
- Relay type supervisory control mods and start-up for major NY utility.
- Management of GE Pavilion at Flushing World's Fair.
- Worked on GE equipment at telephone Co, Utility, Steelmills, office buildings and industrial sites from New Orleans to Boston.
Philadelphia Switchgear Works, Technical Marketing, 1962 - 1963
- Managed the Low Voltage test room.
Engineering and Science Program Missile and Space Vehicle, Philadelphia, PA, 1961 - 1962
- Developed ultrasonic and x-ray test equipment.
Honors & Publications
- Registered Professional Engineer, New Jersey, New York
BSME Newark College of Engineering, NJ
BSEE New Jersey Institute of Technology, NJ