Thermoplastic Elastomers Expert for Photovoltaic Applications in International Markets
Technical Consultant #1517
- Thermoplastic Elastomers (TPE's) products and markets.
- Specialty laminates and encapsulation, particularly for solar photovoltaic modules.
- Polymer materials including: Alcryn® , Surlyn® , Nucrel® , Elvaloy® , Elvax® , Kynar® , TPV (Thermoplastic Vulcanizates) and TPE products.
- Theory of Constraints (TOC) management, decision and risk analysis.
- Business management focused on business improvement strategy and tactics.
Undisclosed Company, President, Global Sales, 2007 - Present
- Oversee the daily operations of this sales agency and product innovation company, involved with materials for the solar industry, transportation industry and specialty plastics.
- Produce specialty laminates and encapsulants for photovoltaic solar modules and specialty films.
- Provide extensive knowledge of fluoropolymers and fluoroelastomers.
- Produce Kynar PVFD films, distributes Viton® FreeFlow for DuPont, producing specialty fluoroelastomer master batches for use as process aids.
Vice President, 2007 - 2012
- Representing over $60 million in global sales.
Ferro Corporation, Wilmington, DE, 2002 - 2007
Sales and Marketing Director, Engineered Polymers, 2007
- Responsible for all sales aspects of a $300 million global thermoplastic materials business, providing leadership for the sales and marketing functions of this business unit during a period of major restructuring and organizational changes.
Business Manager, Advanced Polymers, 2002 - 2006
- Responsible for profit and loss of a $25 million global thermoplastic rubber business, providing leadership for the sales, marketing, technology and manufacturing functions.
- Initiated programs to restructure the management team and grow the overall business by 20% in 2004.
- Implemented the "Theory of Constraints" principles to yield a 100% improvement in earnings.
- Brought in key personnel to enhance new product capability, sales coverage and production capabilities. AP division earned over 30% of the divisional profits on 10% of the sales.
Director of Marketing and Sales, 1999 - 2002
- Initiated programs that provide 12% global growth in the 10 year old Alcryn MPR product line.
- Providing 5% of corporate earnings on 3% of gross sales.
- Successfully assimilated newly purchased company into the buyer's company, while maintaining goals of existing five-year plan.
Advanced Polymer Alloys, Wilmington, DE Vice President, Alcryn, 1997 - 1999
- Successfully started a new company as a result of a DuPont spin off of under-performing business. Acted as the driving force in re-establishing an $18 million per year business.
- Developed a fully integrated computer system to handle order entry, quality certifications and inventory management.
- Established marketing communications efforts and provided much needed attention to customer base.
- Personally prepared the marketing plan, a diversification strategy and a five-year operating plan. Assumed total global responsibility for pricing, scheduling/inventory control, distributorships, warehousing, market development and sales.
- Lead the effort to enlist a public relations firm, sales agents, consultants and technical resources. Created an excellent corporate web site.
- Doubled the size of our sales force and began an aggressive P/R campaign to grow sales. Succeeded by growing more than 15% in North America and over 20% in Asia Pacific.
DuPont Packaging & Industrial Polymers, Wilmington, DE, 1992 - 1997
Global Leader and Sales Development Manager, 1995 - 1997
- Led a team responsible for the introduction of a new thermoplastic powder coating in North American, Europe and Australia.
- Integrated supply chain and broadened product offering, resulting in national market acceptance.
- As the Program Manager introduced powder coatings based on Du Pont Surlyn®, Nucrel® and low temperature nylon.
- Embraced the Du Pont Fusa-Bond powder coatings, creating a significant product offering in thermoplastic powder coatings.
- Working closely with two distributors in North America and six distributors in Europe, successfully marketed these products and started a new business for Du Pont.
Contract Manager, 1992 - 1995
- Managed the daily operations of Alcryn MPR, Teflon Micropowders and Biomax® PET resins.
- Supported over $2 million in contract work, acting as Process Engineer and Business Consultant for these businesses.
DuPont, Fabricated Products Department, (Tedlar® Business), 1987 - 1992
Product Specialist, 1987 - 1990
- Responsible for product development of Tedlar SP, and Declar PEEK sheets.
- Oversight of the budgeting process for the Tedlar Business including annual cost budgeting, forecasting and capital planning.
Production Superintendent, Buffalo, NY, 1990 - 1992
- Responsible for the Tedlar operation which grew to be an $80 million per year business.
- Much effort was required to increase capacity and reduce lead times. Lead times were reduced by 70% and inventories we reduce by 50%.
DuPont, Explosives Division, Senior Maintenance Supervisor, 1980 - 1987
- Managed seven first-line supervisors and 80 mechanics.
- Reduced maintenance costs while improving overall plant utility.
- Installed the first fiber optic network at DuPont.
Technical Sales Support and Senior Process Engineer
- Assisted in starting up a new plant built to manufacture emulsion explosives by establishing standard operating procedures and Quality Control systems.
Product Development Engineer
- Developed state of the art emulsion explosives for both small diameter underground applications and large bulk strip mine operations.
- Developed new techniques and tools for testing new products.
- Built devices for measurement of detonation velocity and sonic pressure used to characterize explosive performance.
- Designed and built mobile equipment for delivery of emulsion explosives to blast sites.
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Villanova University, PA