Plastic Consultant: Medical, Toy and Automotive Plastic Applications and Plastic Expert Witness
Technical Consultant #1503
- Over thirty years of domestic and international experience in the plastics industry.
- Plastic product design, development and manufacture of medical devices, automotive parts, toys and consumer plastic products.
- Expert of plastics end use markets, and plastic (polymer) type commonly used for each application, with special knowledge in the medical device field.
- Plastic material selection criteria and plastic product design review.
- Shop floor knowledge of plastics processing, tooling and manufacturing provide foundation for industrial accident reviews, material selection, assembly techniques and setting quality standards.
- FDA, GMP, UL, PPAP (Production Part Approval Process) and OSHA standards as applied to plastic part manufacturing.
- Skilled at developing CAD drawings and prototype renderings.
- Consumer and medical product plastic designs.
- Failure mode analysis of plastic parts; product liability reviews and consultant to attorneys on product failure.
- Expert witness: Review of accident, injury and product liability claims; identifying, analyzing and evaluating design defects, hazards, misuses and/or misapplications of products for plaintiffs and defendants.
Independent Consultant, Present
- Self employed consultant focusing on product design/product development issues for corporate clients and product liability and patent issues for the legal community.
Chicago Miniature Lamp
- Managed product, tooling and manufacturing systems design for the automotive products group.
- Plastics, product design and engineering consulting to domestic and international corporations.
- Designed medical, consumer and host bus adapter (HBA) products.
Sutton Technologies Company
- Responsible for the design of new products and the design review of product submissions for this international product development firm.
- Coordinated all FDA, EPA and UL clearance testing for new products.
Pall Biomedical Products Corporation
- New product development team leader for this manufacturer of disposable medical products.
- Headed the product development team who created a complete line of products for a new corporate division.
- Designed products, tooling and assembly systems.
American Pharmaseal Corporation
- Responsible for the product design, tooling and manufacturing process development of new disposable medical products for a division of Baxter HealthCare Corporation.
United States Surgical Corporation
- Manufacturing engineer responsible for new product design and assembly system approval for international manufacturer of surgical stapling products.
Verly Plastics Corporation
- Project engineer responsible for the review of new product designs.
- Supervised production, generated quotations, designed injection molds and assembly tooling.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Senior Member - The Society of Plastics Engineers
- President - The Society of Plastics Engineers
- Boat Propeller Protective Structure.
- Thermodilution Injectate Assembly.
- M.S., Plastics, Stevens Institute of Technology
- B.S., Industrial Management, C.W. Post College