Consultant for High Power, High Frequency, High Voltage Electronic Equipment and Systems
Technical Consultant #1496
- Failure analysis of high power, high frequency and high voltage electronic equipment.
- Power supply design and strong background in systems integration with different power supplies.
- Power supply for lasers.
- Pulse forming network, DC-DC, AC-DC, capacitor chargers, battery charges, laser diodes power supplies, gas discharge lamps and other nonlinear loads.
- Design of RF generators for semiconductor processing.
- Deep knowledge of soft switching power conversion.
- Topologies for single and three phase power factor correctors (PFC), inverters (up to MHz level) and motor drivers.
- Control systems for power electronics and lasers.
- Computer design tools including Pspice, PADs, OrCAD and MathCAD.
- Failure and system analysis and solution proposal for laser controlled sawing machine.
- Unique laser diode driver for Mhz level pulse repetition rate, flat current top and power limit.
- Pulse forming network and system integration of solar cell tester.
- High power (50kW) high frequency (30kHz) high voltage (20kV) transformer-rectifier system failure analysis, solution proposal and implementation.
- 15kW line voltage independent AC motor driver for semiconductor industry.
Undisclosed Company, Principal Engineer, Advanced Technology Development, Andover, MA, 2007 - Present
- New RF generator for electro surgical applications.
- Lasers and laser design for arthroscopic procedures.
MKS Instruments, Wilmington, MA, 1996 - 2007
Principal Engineer, 2005 - 2007
- New Generation of RF generators for semiconductor processing chambers (etching and other applications).
- Front end and system design.
- Unique Modules: 4.5kW voltage to power converter, 500kHz switching frequency, soft switching.
- 2kW Buck Regulator Module, 250kHz Switching Frequency,Soft Switching.
Senior Design Engineer, 1996 - 2004
- New generation of plasma generators to generate atomic reactive gases, 400kHz up to 15kW, design of power supply for the 1000W Xenon lamp.
- Design of 3800W power supply for CW solid state lasers for industrial marking systems.
- Design of 6000W power supply for solid state lasers with universal single or three phase input, power, factor corrected.
- Project leader for DC-DC auxiliary power supply.
- 200-800VDC input, 6 stabilized outputs: Capacitor charging power supplies 2000 - 5500 J/sec, principal participation in the development; 175-300W xenon lamps power supply; principal participation in the development.
Texas Instruments, Analog Application Engineer - Power Specialist, Waltham, MA, 2004 - 2005
- Designing power systems with difficult or unusual requirements.
- Universal Power Adapter with extra wide input voltage range 100W DC-DC converter (9-72Vin)(patent pending) with surge protection module.
- New control algorithm for Synchronous Rectifiers (patent pending).
Laser Drive Inc., Design Engineer, Gibsonia, PA, 1994 - 1996
- High Voltage Power Supplies for gas discharge lasers ( CO2, HeNe).
- Power factor corrector for the 1.5kW Argon Laser.
- Low noise soft switching topologies.
Advanced Power Technology Ltd., Senior Engineer of R&D, Ofaqim, Israel, 1993 - 1994
- Power supplies for solid state laser (power factor corrected).
- High voltage power supply for military application.
- Low power, multi-output (DC) high voltage power supply with the distributed AC buss.
Power Science Ltd., Chief Scientific Officer, Nes-Tziona, Israel, 1992 - 1993
- Power supplies for solid state lasers.
- Quasiresonant topology 100W service power supply; resonant topology 3000J/sec charging power supply.
Tajikistan State University, Dushanbe, Tajikistan, 1985 - 1981
Research and Development, Group Design Chief of Power Supplies
- Power supply for the system modeling the influence of optical radiation from nuclear explosion on substances.
- Resonant topology based power supplies for gas discharge lamps and lasers: Argon Laser PS 12kW modular structure; CW solid state laser PS 12kW; short arc xenon lamps PS 1kW and 3kW - modular structure; Power Supply for Pulse mode xenon lamp 1000Hz, 1kW; pulse solid state laser power supply with built in pulse forming network 2kJ/sec.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Institute of Chemistry of Academy of Science of Tajikistan, Junior Research Worker.
Development of new optical methods for registration of super low concentration of metals in solutions.
- Institute of Chemical Physics, Russian Federation, Chernogolovka, Moscow. Post Graduate Researcher; Photophysics and photochemistry of the excited states of dyes and electron phototransfer processes.
- Tajik State University, Dushanbe Tajikistan, Junior Researcher, Power Supply Design.
- Senior Member of IEEE
- English, Russian, Hebrew
Publications and Patents
- Many publications
- 5 Patents
Ph.D., Applied Physics, Moscow State University, Moscow, Russian Federation
M.S., Physics, Honor Diploma, Tajik State University, Dushanbe, Tajikistan
Thesis: New Optical Method of Investigation of Fast Photochemical Reactions