Biotechnology and pharmaceutical research and development:
- Pharmaceutical process research and process development.
- Multi step organic drug synthesis: Route and reagent selections; literature and patent survey of synthetic routes; synthesis of API or API intermediate to ensure non infringing routes.
- Skilled at the use of Boron reagents.
- Strategies for discovery of new Inotropic agents (synthesis of modified Adenosine Monophosphate) for heart failure.
- Discovery for synthesis of novel prodrug oligonucleotide for Cytarabine release.
- Anti cancer compounds - Aryl Styryl sulfone.
- Skilled with analysis methods: NMR, UV-Visible spectrophotometer, HPLC, FT-IR, GC, GCMS. IT/MS, EDXA,ICP and chemical kinetics.
- FDA cGMP Compliance: Provided technical support to production group/analytical QC group; technical support to DMF (drug master file) filing of API, and ANDA (abbreviated new drug applications) filing of various drugs.
- Patent evaluation and litigation: Patents for drug discovery and generic pharmaceuticals.
Independent Consultant, 2007 - Present
- Anti cancer drug research program for API development.
- Patent protection for new drugs.
Zydus Pharmaceuticals/Healthcare USA Inc., Director, Princeton, NJ, 2003 - 2007
- Synthesis of API or API intermediate and ensure non infringing route, evaluate route of synthesis (ROS) against all relevant patents.
- In house patent draft examination, review and application filing.
- For the FDA, fiiled more than 45 ANDA and more than 30 DMF in less than 4 years.
Chemir, Senior Scientist, Maryland Heights, MO, 2002 - 2003
- Established a new division, Chemir Synthesis.
Reliable Biopharmaceutical, Senior Scientist, St. Louis, MO, 2000 - 2002
- Developed a new ten-step synthesis of fludarabine monophosphate (anti cancer drug) and launched in a pilot plant leading to production.
- Synthesized many modified nucleosides.
- Carried out drug discovery projects based on modified nucleoside synthesis.
Borregaard Synthesis Inc., Senior R&D Chemist, Newburyport, MA, 1996 - 2000
- Involved in the synthesis, development and scale up, to more than 1000 gallon reactor production scale, the following projects: Abacavir intermediate, FADCP (for anti viral drug for Glaxo SK); Sidenafil citrate intermediate, PSEBA (for male erectile dysfunction, Viagra) for Pfizer; Tasosartan Intermediate, (for Verdia, anti hypertension drug) for American Home Products; and many synthetic intermediates (mostly 3-6-step synthesis) of phase-1 and Phase-2 drugs.
Aldrich Chemical Company, Research Scientist, Sheboygan Falls, WI, 1992 - 1995
- Synthesized and developed library of new compounds.
- Process research and improvement on the synthesis of optically active amino alcohols, n-boc protected amino alcohols and asymmetric reduction of pro chiral ketones by DIP-chloride.
- Developed many new aryl triflates for cross coupling reactions.
- Developed and improved methods for making (s)-1, 2, 4-butantriol and (s)-3-hydroxy tetrahydrofuran.
- Developed many new boron reagents and carried out many boron based synthetic transformations, asymmetric synthesis.
Honors & Publications
Published 20 papers, including papers in these professional journals.
Ph.D., Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi, India
M.S., Jammu University, Jammu, India
B.S., Jammu University, Jammu, India