- Design and development of digital systems for industry.
- Digital Signal Processing (DSP) for cellular phone base stations, high speed imaging camera and bar code scanning systems.
- State of the art advanced sonar evaluation systems at the Naval Air Warfare Center.
- Laser measurement systems used in industrial applications, instrumentation and control of nuclear power plants, computer peripherals and robotics.
Specific Technical Expertise:
- DSP systems for real - time embedded systems based on Texas Instruments, TMS 320C (both 5400 and 6400) series Digital Signal Processors, using TI's DSP BIOS and Lucent Micro Electronics 16410 Digital Signal Processors.
- Development of real-time embedded DSP software using development tools such as: Code Composer Studio IDE, and LUxWorks supporting the "C/C++" programming language and assembly.
- Hardware design and integration of the Motorola MC68010, MC68020, and MC68030 microprocessor based systems, and MC68332 micro-controller applications.
- Design of Field Programmable Gate Array (FPGA) using VHDL programming techniques.
Independent Consultant, 1996 - Present
- Developed a TMS 320 series DSP high speed-imaging camera for an instrument company, used in medical imaging and Homeland Security surveillance.
- Developed a state of the art cellular phone system for Lucent Technologies employing TMS 320C6400 series DSP to process radio frame information, voice and data encoding and decoding, channel identification and selection.
- Development of a micro-controller based digital relay network controller and a high-speed image-grabbing controller for a high-performance bar code scanning system.
United States Navy, Engineering Consultant, 1989 - 1995
- Developed digital signal processing systems for the Navy under contract with Tracor Applied Sciences related to advanced sonobuoy designs and specialized telemetry systems.
- Contributed to the Navy's Anti Submarine Warfare Program. Received a technical achievement award from Vitro Corporation, a subsidiary of Tracor Applied Sciences.
Independent Consultant, 1987 - 1988
- Developed digital control systems for a variety of small factory automation applications, applying background in computer design and process control.
Quad Systems, Senior Engineer, 1985 - 1987
- Developed a variety of digital interface devices for Z80 microprocessors.
- Directed team of engineers in the development of the industry's first machine vision system used in IBM's Federal Systems Division VHSIC program.
Control Data Corporation, Engineer, 1983 - 1984
- Researched and developed design concepts for magnetic tape storage peripherals based on IBM's half inch tape cartridge.
Franklin Computer, Product Manager, 1983 - 1984
- Team leader for development of a portable Apple compatible computer, supporting Franklin DOS and CP/M based on both Z80 and 6502 microprocessors.
Fischer & Porter Company, Engineer and Product Manager, 1975 - 1983
- Developed large scale computer systems and simulators for a variety of industrial applications, including nuclear power plants.
- Acquired in depth engineering knowledge of data communications, computation, sensing, control and measurement systems.
Smith & Wesson Electronics, Junior Engineer, 1973 - 1975
- Worked on design team to develop the first hand held Doppler RADAR still being used by law enforcement agencies.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE) leadership positions and Society awards.
- The Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) leadership positions and Institute awards.
- B.S., Electronic Engineering, Monmouth University, West Long Beach, NJ