Oncology Medicinal Chemistry Consultant: Cancer and Autoimmune Disease Drug Discovery and Development
Technical Consultant #1480
- Cancer drug discovery researcher with pharmaceutical industry and academic research experience in the field of cancer and autoimmune diseases.
- Research experience in various in vitro/in vivo cancer biology and molecular biological techniques such as; ELISA, siRNA, qPCR, Western Blot, Apoptosis, Cell-Cycle Analysis, microscopic techniques and in vitro angiogenesis.
- Pathway and drug mechanism analysis using PCR- arrays and si-RNA arrays.
- Inventor with 15 patent applications in the field of cancer drug discovery and novel p38 inhibitors as anti-autoimmune diseases agents, and in the design, discovery and development of bio devices for use in clinics, pathological laboratories and research centers.
- Ovarian and neuroblastoma xenograft in vivo animal models to evaluate efficacy and safety of the new cytotoxic agents synthesized by this consultant and laboratory.
- Supervised and trained M.S. medicinal chemists.
- Inventor of three different class of novel preclinical anticancer agents (MT-19c and Fe-SP) and Nifurtimox undergoing Phase-II clinical trials for childhood neuroblastoma.
Undisclosed University Hospital, Advisor, 2003 - Present
- Associate Research Scientist: Molecular Therapeutics Laboratory, Gynecology and Oncology.
- Post-Doctoral Research Associate: Molecular Therapeutics, Laboratory, Dept. Pediatrics and Gynecology and Oncology.
Ranbaxy Research laboratories, Division of Medicinal Chemistry, Gurgaon, India, 1997 - 2002
New Drug Discovery Research
- Research Scientist: Design and synthesis of novel p38 inhibitors as anti-inflammatory agents. Synthesized many series of multiple step synthetic strategies leading to a pre clininal candidate with desired ADME properties. Designed solution phase parallel libraries incorporating various parameters including Lipinski's Rule, lipophilicity and ADME.
- Research Associate: Related to p38 inhibitors, participated in designing and synthesizing many series of multiple step synthetic strategies leading to a few low nM compounds with desired ADME properties.
- Research Fellow: Design and synthesis of novel p38 inhibitors as anti-inflammatory agents. Project: Activated lactams in Organic Synthesis and Molecular Diversity Generation.
Birla Institute of technology and Science, Pilani, India, 1993 - 1997
- Technical Assistant: Dept of Chemistry, chemistry and laboratory instructor for undergraduates:
- Taught chemistry and laboratory classes.
- Laboratories development and supervison.
- Pursue studies towards higher degree in Chemistry in the Medicinal Chemistry in Department of Pharmacy.
Lark laboratories, Okhla, New Delhi, Quality Control Chemist, 1992 - 1993
- Analysis of the active pharmaceutical (API) content in both solid and liquid drug formulations.
- Development and standardization of newer protocols for API analysis in drug formulations.
- Compliance as per the US pharmacopeia (USP), Indian Pharmacopeia (IP) and other compliant regulations such as WHO - GMP.
Honors & Publications
- Author of 16 peer reviewed articles (11 as primary) and 15 patent applications in the field of cancer drug discovery and novel p38 inhibitors as anti-autoimmune diseases agents.
- Several journals for articles.
- 15 patents.
- Ph.D. Division of Medicinal Chemistry, Ranbaxy Research Laboratories, New Delhi,India
- MPhil Department of Pharmacy, Birla institute of technology and Science, India
- M.Sc. Department of Chemistry, Purvanchal University, Jaunpur, India.
- B.Sc. Industrial Chemistry, Delhi University, India.