- Design and implementation of medical and biomedical devices and software.
- Devices and processes for strabismus, autism, robotic joints, orthotics and prosthetics.
- Medical imaging devices, optical devices, measurement and related instrumentation for medical devices.
- Patent preparation and concept valuation.
- Optics and imaging from biomedical imaging to commercial video display technology.
- Expert witness, particularly related to medical imaging devices.
Independent Consultant, 2008
University of Tennessee, Biomedical Research, 2006 - 2008
- Designed and developed devices applicable to the diagnosis and remediation of Strabismus (lazy eye), even in very early stages. Devices allow early recognition and treatment at very young ages (including pre-verbal), when treatment is most successful.
- Designed and developed processes potentially applicable to the diagnosis and remediation of Autism.
Luminetx Corp, Medical Imaging, Vice President and Chief Technical Officer, 2004 - 2006
- Developing, proving and commercializing leading edge medical imaging devices related to noninvasive infrared vein imaging.
- The "VeinViewer" product is the current state of the art device in medical vein imaging and enhanced products are under development.
InnoVision Research, Computer-Enhanced Medical Devices, 1997 - 2004
- Research and design of devices and software used for providing stable control of human-like biomechanical and robotic joints. Medical devices and software developed are applicable to automatically assisted and fluid motion for paraplegics.
Independent Consultant, 1975 - 2002
- Led consulting teams to develop a series of advanced technologies from imaging component design to new forms of communication technologies.
- For computer based new products company: Designed innovative products and product-enabling devices, negotiated domestic and international joint ventures, negotiated Federal Regulator agreements, leading development and implementation of technology-driven advancements.
- Manager of Product Research and Development for First Tennessee Bank and later as Vice President for two other multi-billion dollar statewide banks.
- Represented the new technical developments to the media by interview, news story placement, press conference and guest speaking at national conferences.
Leading Edge Computer, Device Design and Development
- For a computer company, designed and developed the first 2-way, satellite driven brokerage workstation after negotiating a free-to-the bank international joint venture with the worlds largest non-government information service (Reuters).
- Designed and built interface devices to accommodate a cooperative multi-vendor consortium.
NASA, Advanced Light Physics, Optics, and Imaging, Engineer, 1966 - 1969
- Research and design engineer with The Space Sciences Lab at NASA (Marshall Space Flight Center) developing and successfully testing their first working holographic camera.
- Applied holographic camera and later designs towards the use of holographic interferometry for the early image-based discovery of flaws in critical spacecraft parts.
- M.S., Biomedical Engineering, University of Tennessee
- B.S., Mathematics, Minors: Economics, Management/Business Law, Auburn University