Chemical Engineer Consultant: Expert in Polymer Rheology and Polymer Processing
Technical Consultant #1449
- Polymer rheology, food rheology, polymer and food processing.
- Non-Newtonian fluid mechanics.
- Triobolgy, general modeling and numerical simulation of processes involving transport phenomena.
- Processing aids in plastic extrusion, paste extrusion and plasticized polymers.
- Specific rheology work with fluoroelastomers, polytetrafluoroethylene (PTFE), thermoplastic fluoropolymers and polyolefins, such as polyethylene, UHMWPE, polypropylene and metallocene olefin polymers.
- Processing and rheology of PET, PVC and PEEK resin systems.
- Experienced with rheology issues with different plastic forming techniques: Extrusion, co-extrusion, blow molding, film blowing, injection molding, from extrusion and profile extrusion.
Professor, 1991 - Present
- Research in polymer rheology, polymer processing, non-Newtonian fluid mechanics.
- Consultant for polymer/plastics Industry solving practical problems.
- Patent litigation support and expert witness.
- Short courses for polymer industry and polymer processing.
University of British Columbia, Research and External Affairs, Assistant Dean, 2003 - 2007
- External affairs for the Faculty of Applied Science.
- Research Activities for the Faculty of Applied Science.
- Industry Liaison for the Faculty of Applied Science.
University of Toronto and McGill, University Graduate Student, 1997 - 2001
Ministry of Defense, Officer, Hellas, Greece, 1984 - 1997
- Storage and preservation of lubricants for the Greek Army.
- Storage and preservation of fuels and gases.
- Responsible for Training of New Soldiers and Officers.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Society of Plastics Engineers (SPE) - Members of the Publication Committee
- Past President of the Canadian Society of Rheology and Executive member
- Society of Rheology
- Polymer Processing Society
- Canadian Society of Chemical Engineers
- Society of Plastics Engineer's, member
- Secretary and Executive Member of the Hellenic Society of Rheology
Patents and Publications
- Five patents.
- Many publications and presentations. Full list provide upon request.
- PhD., Chemical Engineering, McGill University, Montreal
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, University of Toronto, Canada
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Aristotelean University of Thessaloniki, Greece