Biomechanical Consultant: Whole Body Mechanics; Balance Recovery; Slips, Trips, Falls; Age Impairments
Technical Consultant #1432
- Mechanical and biomedical engineering.
- Analysis regarding injuries due to slips, trips, falls, recovery, and age related impairments that limit recovery.
- Compensatory mechanisms of balance recovery.
- Human balancing mechanism and relationship to slips, trips and falls.
- Biomechanical and musculoskeletal impairments associated with aging.
- Whole body biomechanics and impact related injury.
- Design and implementation of rapid prototyping of molds and shapes for body replacement parts.
- Machine and system design for patients.
- Motion analysis using AMTI and Bertec force plates and load cells tools and related motion tracking systems and data acquisition methods.
- CAD tools: IDEAS, ProEngineer, SolidWorks, Unigraphics and VisPlus.
Undisclosed Safety Research Center, 2004 - Present
- Conducting research related to human slip and fall mechanisms and fall aversion.
- Program Specialist, responsible for writing grants, setting up bio mechanics systems, data processing, and conducting research studies.
Undisclosed Florida University, Adjunct Instructor, 2005 - 2006
- Instructor for bio mechanics class for undergraduates in the exercise science program.
University of Michigan, Graduate Student Research Assistant, 1999 - 2004
- Mobility Research Center and Biomechanics Research Laboratory.
- Responsible for the set up and validation of laboratory equipment and the design and execution of experiments.
Ford Motor Company, 1999 - 2001
- Lead Global team to eliminate all water leak closures on a new car.
- Assisted in systemic implementation of rapid prototyping technologies focused on the integration of various project teams with rapid prototyping suppliers.
- Advanced Safety and Biomechanics Division: responsible for the validation of the latest MADYMO model of the Hybrid III child dummy in a rear seated frontal impact crash scenario.
SaluMedica, Research Technician, 1999
- Responsible for the design and implementation of rapid prototyped molds to create samples of a revolutionary cartilage replacement material for material testing purposes.
Honors & Publications
- International Society of Posture and Gait Research
- American Society of Biomechanics
- 6 Publications
- Ph.D. Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan
- M.S. Mechanical Engineering, University of Michigan
- M.S. Biomedical Engineering, University of Michigan
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology