- Consultant on biotechnology lab automation, high throughput screening and biological assay development.
- Consultant and expert in design and development of high content cell based assays for high throughput screening.
- Development of non-viral gene delivery techniques.
- Expertise in virology, primarily retrovirus and adenovirus.
- Embryonic stem cell techniques including high Content screening .
- Expert and consultant in the areas of automated and regular microscopy and image analysis.
- Consultant for laboratory automation and design of custom made cell culture systems.
- Teaching and consulting expertise in gene mapping, molecular genetics, applied virology, digital microscopy gene therapy and restriction fragment length polymorphism (or RFLP).
- Successful in establishing a fully integrated center for High Through-Put screening in a multi-disciplinary environment with the capacity to screen and analyze up to 15,000,000 samples/year.
- Expert and consultant in gene delivery methodology, transfection and transduction.
- Expert in Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) methodology.
- Designed systems for high throughput cloning and production of lenti and adeno virus based systems.
- Consultant on onjugation of functional peptides and proteins to nucleic acids.
- Expert in establishing transgenic clones.
- Consulting in designing GMP compliant gene therapy laboratories automated with high throughput screening technology.
- Expert in establishing B-cell lines from both healthy donors and immune-compromised patients.
- Expert in murine bone marrow transplantation and murine bone marrow extraction.
- Experienced in nuclear injection/transfection both manual and automated modes.
Associate Director, University Genome Center 2004 - Present
- Influences and guides the activities at the Genome Center on an executive level.
- Managed to establish University Genome Center with vendors and industry partners to generate a $7,000,000 screening center from a $1,500,000 original investment.
- Directly controls and guides biological lab operations and strategic planning and execution of long-term projects.
- Planned and executed the formation of a state-of-the-art high throughput screening facility with a staff of 25 scientists.
Director of Automation, University: High Throughput Screening in Cell Based Assays 2004 - Present
- Designed and planned the automation suit for hight throughput screen lab, including the in-house designed automated cell culture system capable of 4x10E9 cells per batch.
Postdoctoral Research Fellow: Laboratory of Cellular Biochemistry & Biophysics, Sloan-Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, New York, NY 2002 - 2004
- Trouble shooting of a multi-million dollar functional proteomics project aimed at establishing a full genome wide collection of in-house synthesized siRNA's.
Project Manager: Gene delivery, Clinical Research Center, Karolinska Institute 2001 - 2002
- Managed a team of 8 scientists working on a project aimed at develop technologies relating to non-viral gene delivery techniques, medical devices for enhanced transfection/transduction and receptor-ligand interactions.
Co-founder of Avaris AB 2001
- The driving force behind the incorporation of Avaris AB and established the company based on patents generated during and after PhD work.
- Submitted several patents relating to gene transfer and medical devices.
Visiting Scientist, Perkin-Elmer, Cambridge, UK 2001 - 2005
- Established protocols for 4-D visualization of real-time apoptosis in FYK-/FYN-/Btk /- cells.
- Established protocols for 4-D visualization of the infection by attenuated Poliovirus in actin-GFP transfected human cells.
Visiting scientist at Oswel Scientific, Southampton, UK 2000 - 2005
- Established protocols for conjugation of S.M nuclease to Peptide Nucleic Acid (PNA).
Visiting Scientist at Department of Biosciences, Division of Biochemistry, University of Helsinki, Finland 1998 - 2000
- Established the result basis for "BTK-base", database describing the mutations in Brutons Tyrosine Kinase, a cytoplasmic tyrosine kinase.
Visiting Scientist at "Division of Research Immunology and Bone Marrow Transplantation" Children's Hospital of Los Angeles with Donald B. Kohn 1998 - 2006
- Established SOP's for generation of MMLV producing clones.
Visiting Scientist at Umea University
- Established protocols for the characterization of the genomic organization of Brutons Tyrosine kinase, Btk.
- Validated genomic phage libraries for exon-intron characterization of the Btk-gene.
Honors & Publications
Patents and Publications
- Many publications and invited lectures.
- Patents in diverse areas such as gene delivery, medical devices, receptor specificity screening etc.
- Swedish Medical Society
- Swedish Pharmaceutical Society
- American Society for Gene Therapy
- European Society for Gene Therapy
- Royal Institute of Technology, Confocal Microscopy Society
- PhD, Karolinska Institute, Sweden, 2001 Cell and Molecular Biology, Thesis, "The development of synthetic gene delivery systems."
- MSc, University of Lund, Sweden, 1993, Molecular Genetics
Additional education, PhD or higher level:
- Signal transduction
- Understanding signal transduction
- Understanding eukaryotic gene expression
- Experimental animal management
- Transgenic mice
- Digital microscopy
- GFP and Advanced Microscopy in Cell Biology