- Consultant on rocket and missile propulsion engineering.
- Project management of spacecraft propulsion components.
- Expert on low flow hydrazine gas generator designs and hydrazine arcjet design.
- Hall Effect thruster system designs.
- Propellant feed system designs for monopropellant.
- Propellant feed system design for xenon.
- Propulsion component design for spacecraft.
- Software expert including LabVIEW, MathCAD, MiniCAD and Kaleidagraph.
Spacecraft Systems Supplier, Senior Engineer 2004 - 2008
- Proposal and Program Manager for NASA GRC Conceptual Design Study analyzing storage and delivery of cryogenic propellants for Exploration (ESAS CEV SM and Lunar Lander).
- Proposal and Program Manager for NASA GRC Advanced Lightweight Radiator Demonstration Unit developing and fabricating a prototype composite radiator for Orion CEV SM.
Pratt and Whitney Space Propulsion, Propulsion Research Engineer Specialist 1998 - 2004
- Component Integrated Product Team (CIPT) Leader for the Ground Based Missile Defense (GMD) Program.
- Project Management of the Thrust Vector Control (TVC) electro - mechanical actuation system for 2nd and 3rd stages of the GMD booster vehicle.
- Team Leader for the development and qualification of an improved TVC system, including modification of systems integration requirements.
- Responsible for design and management activities for production of TVC systems.
- Review and analysis of flight data.
- Development of customize test equipment for Hall Effect Thruster (HET) based satellite propulsion systems including advanced high purity xenon propellant delivery systems, thrust measurement systems, data acquisition systems and integrated laboratory power supply.
TRW, Senior Member of the Technical Staff 1996 - 1998
- Project Management and Lead Engineering in the development and fabrication of a helium cryo-pumped vacuum test facility for HET devices.
- Systems Engineering design work for the integration of Electric Propulsion systems into spacecraft architecture, including thrusters, avionics, and propellant management systems.
Olin Aerospace Company, Electric Propulsion Group 1991 - 1996
- As Senior Development Engineer, the lead engineer responsibilities for NASA Glenn Research Center development programs, including proposal writing and development engineering, scheduling, management of cost, and coordination of design groups.
- Development and testing of arcjet thrusters for space - flight applications.
- System level design and integration of an advanced 500-watt arcjet system, improvements in arcjet starting characteristics, thruster tolerance to helium bubble ingestion, development and evaluation of a regeneratively cooled arcjet thruster, and life qualification of a 2.0 kW 600-second NMA ISP NASA arcjet thruster.
- Developed advanced, low flow hydrazine gas generator under IRAD funding.
- As Project/Development Engineer, Solid Propellant Group, worked in non-azide airbag inflators, azide airbag inflators and production ramp-up of generator filtration systems.
- M.S., Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics, University of Washington
- B.S., Department of Aeronautics and Astronautics, University of Washington