Chemical Engineering Expert in Vinyl Chloride Monomer, Ethylene Dichloride and Polyvinyl Chloride Technology and Licensing
Technical Consultant #1356
- Vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) processing technology.
- Polyvinyl chloride polymer (PVC) processing technology.
- Ethylene dichloride (EDC) proecssing technology.
- VCM, PVC, EDC waste treatment technologies.
- VCM, PVC, EDC process design and engineering.
- VCM, PVC, EDC technology licensing and evaluation.
- Oxyvinyls products and production.
OxyVinyls, L.P., Manager, Monomers Engineering
- Responsible for engineering support of licensed vinyl chloride monomer (VCM) projects .
- Brought "Catoxid" process into compliance with Texas air quality regulations.
- Primary technical support in successfully maintaining "Catoxid"non-RCRA classification.
The Geon Company, Manager, Intermediates Engineering
- Originator and focal point for the development of VCM technology improvements.
- Engineering manager of licensed VCM projects.
The Geon Company & The B F Goodrich Company, Manager, Process Engineering
- Responsible for VCM and polyvingy chloride (PVC) process design activities.
- Developed ethylene dichloride, VCM, PVC and waste treatment technologies.
The B F Goodrich Company, Engineering Section Manager
- Led EDC/VCM process design activities for domestic and licensed facilities
Major career accomplishements
- Commercialization of ""Catoxid" process technology.
- Led team in conversion to oxygen based oxychlorination technology.
- Process design development allowing merging of the "Catoxid" process with oxygen based oxychlorination.
- VCM facility start up participation: Canada, Hungary, Iran, India, The Netherlands, Norway, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, Venezuela, and The United States.
BS, Chemical Engineering, University of Missouri
MBA Studies, Murray State University