- Specialty chemicals for oil field production.
- Special knowledge of additives to the oil and gas industry and the custom and toll manufacturing and packaging of drilling fluid additives.
- Logistics of warehousing and distribution of finished products chemical products for oil field production.
- New oil field chemical additives product development and promotion, quality control.
- Hazardous materials management facets and fire prevention.
Independent Consultant, Conroe, TX 2003 - Present
- Manage operations for new line of DRA (drag reducing agent) for hydrocarbon pipelines with extremely heavy crude oils.
- Technical consultation related to drilling fluid chemicals and formulations.
TexChem Group International, LLC, Houston, TX, Vice President
of Chemical Sales and Operations 1999 - 2003
- Managed all phases of contract manufacturing, distribution and sales for company's patented oilfield paraffin chemicals product line. Proven oilfield paraffin prodcuts are now being sold wholesale to a Oilfield Chemical Company.
Coastal Products & Chemicals (Altivia), Houston, TX, Manager - Specialty Chemicals Division 1997 - 1998
- Responsibilities included: design of plant to handle most all types of products from oil & water solubles, hazardous to non-hazardous; permitting with all applicable regulatory agencies.
- Worked in sales, negotiated contracts and confidentiality agreements and coordination sales with plant production schedule.
- Developed computer programs to facilitate the operations of the new division including bill of lading, inventory, and Invoicing programs.
Qualitex, Inc., Houston, TX
Vice President of Sales and Operations 1992 - 1997
- Supervise and manage all phases of this new company engaged in custom manufacturing of liquid chemical products for other major companies.
- Responsibilities included: design of plant for handling of hazardous chemicals, construction of plant and warehouse, installation of equipment, permitting with regulatory agencies, oversee operations in plant, coordinate new sales with manufacturing, negotiate contracts with customers, purchasing of all chemical raw materials, development of new chemical products for customers in the following industries: oil & gas drilling and production, environmental, agricultural, plastics, medical, marine and consumer retail products. Regulatory agencies and reporting dealt with: EPA, TNRCC, OSHA, TSCA, SARA, RCRA, CERCLA, ATF, DOT, LEPC and etc.
District Manager 1975 - 1987
- Sales and service of oilfield production and drilling chemicals.
- Sales and technical training of sales personnel.
- Personally engineered and supervised the workover of more than 200 wells for Gulf Oil.
- Improved average sales in District over 250%.
Honors & Publications
- Member (Past) of Houston Chemical Association
- Member (Past) of American Management Association
- Member (Past) of Royal Society of Chemistry
- Graduate of Realtors Institute %u2013 G.R.I. Designation
- Texas Real Estate Broker, 1974 to Present
- Member of Houston Association of Realtors
- Member of Texas Association of Realtors
- Member of National Association of Realtors
- North Texas State University, Denton, TX; Physics Scholarship (Major), Minor in Chemistry
- Odessa College, Odessa, TX; Accounting, Business Law & Real Estate
- Texas A&M University Extension, Drilling Rig Operations & Training
- Oilfield Chemicals, Rebbco & Quaker Petroleum Chemicals Corp.
- Realtor Institute of Texas, Real Estate Law & Construction