Nanotechnology Engineer Consultant
Technical Consultant #1335
- Expert in nanotechnology, nanobiotechnology, nanomaterials for medical applications, including cancer research.
- Molecular imaging and therapy for breast cancer.
- Nanotechnology for cancer detection and treatment.
- Synthesis of carbon nanotubes, nanowires and nanobombs.
- Nanomaterials used as sensors; nanotube actuation; nanotube devices.
- Carbon nanotubes as photo-mechanical actuators.
- Micro- and nano- electromechanical systems (MEMS).
- High temperature MEMS.
- Assistant University Professor, 2001-present, Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
- Guest Researcher,1998-2001, National Institute of Standards and Technology.
- Graduate Research Assistant (1995-2001), Department of Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- National Science Foundation Career Award,
- Research work on nanobombs featured in Wired Magazine.
- Appointed to the Editorial Board, Journal of Nanobiotechnology.
- Invited Short course on Biomedical Nanotechnology, American Society for Mechanical Engineering
- Grant Reviewer, National Science Foundation
- Paper on "Single Wall Carbon Nanotubes with Adsorbed Monoclonal Antibodies Detect Breast Cancer Cells", Molecular Targets and Cancer Therapeutics.
- Thesis: Nanoparticle Engineering and Control of Microhotplate Gas Sensor Performance
- Paper on Platinum Nanowire Actuators: Metallic Artificial Muscles, featured cover article in the journal Nanotechnology.
- Carbon Nanotube Nanobombs for Killing Cancer Cells
- Carbon Nanotube Nanodevices for Sensing Cancer Cells
- Optically Driven Nanotube Actuators
- PhD. Mechanical Engineering, University of Maryland, College Park
- B.S. Materials Science and Engineering, National Institute of Technology, India