- Process evaluation, development, design, and start-up of petrochemical plants.
- Fluid, heat and mass transfer theory and equipment as currently practiced.
- Heat and material balances, process engineering.
- Ethylene plant design, troubleshooting and operation.
- HYSYS, SIMSCI PRO II, STELLA process modeling programs.
- Modeling chemical processing equipment.
- Industrial short course training, including international clients.
- Collagen and other protein processing.
- Polyvinyl alcohol and polyvinyl acetate plant engineering and start up.
- Professor of Chemical Engineering & Department Chair, 1992-Current
- Founder and Director, Collagen Research Group, 1996-current
- Manager, Technology Development, R&D, ARCO Chemical Co., 1988-1992
- Principal Engineer, Process Services, ARCO Chemical Co., 1979-1988
- Senior Engineer, Process Design, Air Products & Chemicals Co., 1978-1979
- Senior Engineer, Process Design, ABB Lummus Co., 1973-1978
Plant Start-up Assignments
- Petrosar, Corunna, Ontario
- Product Flexibility, ARCO, Channelview, TX
- EDC, ARCO, Port Arthur, TX
- PVA/PVOH, APCI, Calvert City, KY
- Verax, Inc. Lebanon, NH
Honors & Publications
- Publications: 150 publications and presentations, 20 invited lectures/seminars, 4 US Patents, 2 World Patents
- Awards: Lindback Award for Teaching, Zandi Award, Charles A. and Anne Morrow Lindbergh Grant Award, Who%u2019s Who in American Education
- Honor Societies: Tau Beta Pi, Phi Kappa Phi, Phi Beta Delta, Omega Chi Epsilon
- American Chemical Society Board of Directors
- Doctor of Engineering, Dartmouth College
- MBA (Economics), New York University
- Master of Chemical Engineering, Manhattan College
- Bachelor of Chemical Engineering, Manhattan College