- Modeling, simulation and control of chemical and food industry processes.
- Renewable energy: Energy from biomasses.
- Membrane Science and Technology
- Biotechnology and biotechnological processes;
- Food industry unit operations: Extraction, concentration, extrusion and drying.
Undisclosed University, Faculty of Engineering, Department of Engineering Modeling, 2001 - Present
Full Professor of Transport Phenomena, 2018 - Present
- Coordinator of the degree course in Food Engineering - Faculty of Engineering
Deputy Head of the Department of Computer Engineering, 2015 - Present
- Overseeing: Modeling, Electronics and Systems
- Responsible for the Laboratory of Transport Phenomena and Biotechnology
Associate Professor of Transport Phenomena, 2001 - 2018
Research Fellowship, 1999 - 2001
- Overseeing The Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials
Independent Consultant, 1996 - Present
- Industries Consultant: production of biofuels, renewable energy and food industry products.
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of environmental impact assessment board, region Calabria, Italy
- Professor of Transport Phenomena, of Fluid Mechanics, of Biochemical Reactors, of Pollutants Dispersion Modeling, Faculty of Engineering, University of Calabria.
- European Membrane Society
- Italian Society of Rheology
- Association of Italian Engineers
- Biography cited in “Who’s who in Science and Engineering” and in “Who’s who in the world”.
- Outstanding Scientists of the 21st Century” award from IBC, Cambridge.
Publications and Patents
- Author of more than 75 papers published on international peer-reviewed scientific journals, of ten book chapters.
- One patent and of more than 120 presentations held in international conferences and published in the Conference proceedings.
- Ph.D. Chemical Technologies, Novel Materials, University of Calabria, Italy
- M.S. Chemical Engineering "cum laude' University of Calabria, Italy