- Modeling, simulation and control of chemical processes, particularly in the food industry.
- Renewable energy: Energy from biomasses, photovoltaics and eolic (wind) energy.
- Biotechnology and biotechnological processes;
- Environmental impact assessment (EIA), Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control (IPPC), air pollution dispersion modeling.
- Food industry unit operations: Extraction, concentration, extrusion and drying.
Unnamed University, Faculty of Engineering, Department of Engineering Modeling, 2001 - Present
- Assistant Professor of transport phenomena.
Independent Consultant, 1996 - Present
- Industries Consultant (production of biofuels, renewable energy, food industry).
University of Calabria, Faculty of Engineering, Department of Chemical Engineering and Materials
- Research Fellowship, 1999 - 2001
Honors & Publications
Academic and Professional Affiliations
- Member of environmental impact assessment board, region Calabria, Italy
- Professor of Transport Phenomena, of Fluid Mechanics, of Biochemical Reactors, of Pollutants Dispersion Modeling, Faculty of Engineering, University of Calabria.
- European Membrane Society
- Italian Society of Rheology
- Association of Italian Engineers
- Acoustic expert.
- Biography cited in "Who's who in Science and Engineering" and in "Who's who in the world."
- Outstanding Scientists of the 21st Century%' award from IBC, Cambridge.
- Author of 30 scientific publications on ISI ranked scientific journals.
- Three book chapters.
- Approximately 100 presentations held in international conferences.
- Ph.D., Chemical Technologies, Novel Materials, University of Calabria, Italy
- BS, Chemical Engineering "cum laude' University of Calabria, Italy