- Registered Professional Engineer in West Virginia, Ohio and Pennsylvania.
- High pressure chemical processes (over 500 atmospheres) for both glycolic acid gaseous and liquid applications.
- Use of exotic materials of construction in difficult process conditions, e.g. titanium and silver.
- Glycolic acid production and the esterification of glycolic acid.
- Decolorization and ion exchange for chemical processing.
- Handling of highly hazardous chemicals, e.g. phosgene, anhydrous ammonia, methylamines, sulfur trioxide, dimethylsulfate.
- Energy conservation strategies and techniques within the chemical manufacturing process.
- Development of pilot plant size chemical processes from laboratory test data.
Adjunct Faculty, Mathematics and Physics.
Senior Process Engineer, TransAmerican Automation, Inc.
- Developed application of special on-line measurement instrumentation for polymer production.
Du Pont Company, Belle, WV
- Chemical engineering process experience in multiple chemical manufacturing facilities.
- Familiar with industrial and specialty chemical manufacture for agricultural products.
- Led multiple Process Hazard analysis teams and worked with five different highly hazardous chemicals.
- 10 years chemical engineering work in glycolic acid manufacture.
- Assisted in new process development for the Poly Glycolic Acid product.
- Developed batch production method for 99% crystalline glycolic acid.
Avtex Fibers, Inc., Nitro, WV:
- Process improvements and capital projects in both the rayon manufacturing process and in the plant utilities areas.
U.S. Naval Ship R&D Center, Annapolis, MD
- Submarine system development programs for the Trident nuclear submarine.
- Co-authored patent for bonding polyethylene to metal substrate.
Honors & Publications
- Co-authored patent for dissolving solid formaldehyde polymers with glycolic acid solutions
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Drexel University