- Control of complex systems including process control.
- Multivariate analysis of data including process and control monitoring systems.
- Signal processing including digital process of signals.
- Instrumentation development.
Penn State University School of Graduate Professional Studies
- Developed/taught courses in electrical engineering, computer science, mathematics, bioinformatics, data mining, and linear systems, control theory, digital signal processing, neural networks, expert systems, data mining, intelligent systems, data communications, engineering mathematics
M.J. Consulting, Inc.
- Consulted with companies such as Motorola, Texas Instrument, US Army, Alcon Laboratories, Eigenvector Research, ATK on digital signal processing, control and multivariate statistics
E.I. DuPont de Nemours and Company
- Research, development and implementation of state-of-the-art process control technology for chemical plants and extrusion processes
- Recognized as the Corporate leader in multivariate statistical approaches for process understanding and control.
- Research, development and implementation of algorithms and techniques for applying multivariate statistical techniques and neural networks to process control
- Developed methodology for image resizing
- Developed and implemented chemometric algorithms for spectroscopic instruments
- Developed and implemented unique expert systems, adaptive controllers and pattern recognition algorithms for inspection systems
Honors & Publications
- DuPont Innovation Award
- Method of Control for an Extrusion Process
- On-Line Web Inspection System
- Inferential, Time-Optimized Operation of a Fiber Producing Spinning Machine by a Computerized Knowledge Based System
- Method of Resizing an Image, Method of Designing a Digital Filter Thereof and Method of Mapping the Pixels of an Output Image Space to an Input Image Space
- Ph.D., Electrical Engineering, University of Delaware
- MSEE, Electrical Engineering, University of Michigan
- BSEE, Electrical Engineering, University of Delaware