Civil Engineer and Construction Expert Witness for Structural Design of Pharmaceutical, Chemical and Food Plants
Technical Consultant #1215
- Structural design of pharmaceutical, chemical, food and other process plants
- Bio-reactors and other process equipment structural supports
- Evaluation of existing buildings for integrity and code compliance
- Cost estimate for repair of building defects and upgrading to current codes
- Structural failure investigation including water, wind/fire damage assessment
- Analysis of construction schedule delays and assessment of cause
- Insurance claims support, expert witness testimony and legal support
- Site safety analysis including slip and fall prevention
- Environmental Phase I studies and managing Phase II and III studies
- OSHA rules and regulations
- Geotech studies procurement and interpretation of results for foundation design
- Cost engineering, conceptual, preliminary and detail phases and bid analysis
- Professional Engineer
Senior Structural Engineer, Jacobs Engineering, Cincinnati, OH, 1995 to 2005
- Designed several fall protection systems over industrial ovens and for access to top of tanker trucks and rail cars.
- Investigated a failed loading dock wall, determined the cause of failure, and proposed retrofit solutions.
- Assessed the structural condition of a steel framed structure. The roof trusses were experiencing loss of section due to excessive rusting. Identified & developed retrofit solutions for defective items.
- Investigated a roof collapse, determined cause of failure, and provided retrofit solutions.
- Assessed the condition of existing masonry walls, determined the source of deterioration; provided solutions for upgrading the existing walls to current codes.
- Retrofit of an existing pharmaceutical process structure.
- Food facility: New Pudding manufacturing campus.
- Investigated a rigging accident where the lifting chain had broken and injured one of the construction workers.
- As a resident construction engineer, was responsible for construction quality control, identifying and correcting construction defects, and implementing programs to prevent slip & fall cases.
- 175,000 sq. ft. Pharmaceutical Bulk Manufacturing Facility and Utility Expansion.
- Retrofit of existing and new pharmaceutical facility.
- Retrofit of a starch processing plant.
Project Structural Engineer , AMG, Inc, Dayton, Ohio, 1993 to 1995
- Analyzed the load capacities of several structures for possible floor additions.
- New Corn Processing manufacturing campus. New Ethanol processing plant.
- Retrofit of an Automotive plant.
Construction Engineer / Estimator, Hillsmith Construction, (Cincinnati, Ohio) 1987 to 1993
- Multiple Residential/ Commercial structures. Moisture Intrusion problems, cracks in foundation walls and slabs on grade, excessive roof deflections, and wind and water related damages and environmental site assessment.
- Assessed the structural condition of wood and concrete framed structure. Identified & developed retrofit solutions for defective items.
- Owner representative on a five story hotel. Duties included schedule review, cost estimating, conflict resolution between the various contractors and/ or between owner and contractors.
- B.S., Civil Engineering, Ohio Northern University