- Mechanical Design
- Solid Modeling
- Biomedical Engineering
- Statistical Analysis
- Damage and Fracture Mechanics
- Vacuum Design
- Optics and Laser Engineering
- Micro and Nano Positioning
- Metal Failure Behavior
- Process Control
- Plasma Processing
- Chemical Vapor Deposition (CVD)
- Shock Physics
1996 - 2004 Los Alamos National Laboratory (LANL), Technical Staff Member
- Conducted experimental damage mechanics research predicting ductile fracture in metals such as tantalum and copper as a function of material cleanliness and stability.
- Designed and wrote a one-of-a-kind software program (
- 46 k lines) that intelligently quantifies damage in metallographic section planes using optical microscopy and profilometry data.
- Performed x-ray micro-computed tomography of incipiently failed materials
1989 - 1991 Dow Chemical Company, Independent Chemical Analyst
1985 - 1986 Pacific Gas & Electric Company, Assistant Engineer,
- Tested power plant and cogeneration plant emissions to ensure compliance with environmental emission regulations. Developed expertise in chemical analysis of stack effluents.
Honors & Publications
- More than 70 authored or co-authored publications.
- Presented nine invited seminars and gave many presentations.
- Served as chairman of and chairmanship of 5 Technical Meetings.
- 1 Patent
- Ph.D., Materials Science and Engineering, University of Texas at Austin
- M.S., Chemical Engineering, Washington University, St. Louis
- Certificate in Biomedical Engineering, Washington University
- B.S, Chemical Engineering, Washington University
- Registered Professional Engineer