- Environmental waste product remedies including conversion of byproducts and waste steams to salable products.
- Phase transfer catalysis to transform components of byproducts and waste streams into salable products.
- Recovery of useful chemical materials from scrapped rubber tires.
- Synthesis of radio-compounds and practicing radiation safety.
- Consultant in multi-phase petroleum flow systems and corresponding measurements.
- Synthesis of small molecules, including modification of polymers.
- Consulting on micro-capsules and nano-capsules and ultra-sensitive detection methods for petrochemicals.
- Syntheses of several optically pure carbohydrates, chiral processes and absolute asymmetric synthesis.
- Synthesis of lineatin and disparlure from mono saccharides.
- Synthesizing olefin's from diols via bis-xanthates.
- Derivatizing agents containing iodine-124.
- Economic scrubbing of methyl bromide using non-hazardous water solution.
Senior Chemist 2001 - Present
- Separation process with phase transfer catalysis.
- Focus on reclaiming useful chemicals from spend tires.
PetrAmec, Inc., Exton, PA, President and Principal Scientist 1999 - 2001
PetroTraces, Inc., Houston, TX and Bethlehem, PA, R&D Manager, 1995 - 1999
- Principal Scientist and Radiation Safety Officer
AttoChrom/Bio Traces, Inc., Senior Research Scientist, 1993 - 1997
Department of Chemistry, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY, Senior Research Associate 1988 - 1992
Department of Chemistry, Lehigh University, Bethlehem, PA; Visiting Professor 1987 - 1988
Warsaw Agricultural University, Warsaw, Poland, Assistant Professor 1978 - 1987
Imperial College of Science and Technology, London, UK, Postdoctoral Fellow 1976 - 1978
Honors & Publications
- Co-author of more than 30 publications, 11 patents and 12 invited presentations.
- Macroscopically chiral system of three independent orientational effects as a condition for absolute asymmetric synthesis.
- Optical Activity ex machine: Absolute Asymmetric Separation, Presentation.
- Absolute Asymmetric Separation as the Initial Source of Homochirality.
- Economic Destruction of Methyl Bromide from Air Streams Using Non-Hazardous Aqueous Solution.
- Conversion of Pollutants in Dilute Aqueous Waste Streams to Useful Products: a Potential Method Based on Phase-Transfer Catalysis.
- Exhaustive removal of anions from aqueous waste via nucleophilic reactions in the presence of Phase Transfer Catalysts.
- Enhanced chromatography using multi-photon detection.
- Apparatus and method for measuring multi-phase flow.
- Alkaline free electro less deposition.
- PhD., Organic Chemistry, Institute of Organic Chemistry, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw
- M.S., Technology of Petrochemical Products, Department of Chemical Technology, Warsaw Institute of Technology