Sensor Consultant: Expert in Chemical Sensors, Moisture and Humidity Sensors, Sensors Temperature and Sensors for Electro Chemistry
Technical Consultant #1156
- Design and development of sensors, spectroscopy, detectors, particle analysis analyzers, controls, pyrometers and pyrometers.
- Detection, measurement and control of temperature, moisture, humidity.
- Temperature and moisture sensor development and new product launches.
- High temperature bromine electrode.
- Automatic disappearing filament optical pyrometer.
- Guarded-layer moisture sensor for oil.
- Diffused solid state lamps
General Manager, Sensor and Analyzer Strategy, North Wales, PA
- Improved technology and launched a modern disappearing filament optical pyrometer; completed an analysis of selected distributed control system markets; and improved two different moisture-in-oil analysis
Industrial Applications Manager and Product Manager, Honeywell, Inc., Fort Washington, PA
- Launched a water/oil analyzer, trained distributors, coordinated an award-winning sensor presentation and helped guide a successful acquisition integration.
Director, Research, Development and Engineering, Gow-Mac Instrument Co., Bethlehem, PA
- Discovered a new gas detection mechanism allowing a 1000X increase in sensitivity.
Manager, Engineering and Research and Development, TBI Bailey Controls, Carson City NV
- Secured ISO 9001 certification and conceived of a self-calibrating conductivity sensor. Directed 8 professionals in pH and electrolytic conductivity product development and provided manufacturing and field support.
Principal Scientist and Market Manager, Leeds & Northrop Co., North Wales, PA
- Developed the first guarded layer water-in-transformer-oil sensor; sold the first thin film radiation thermometer; sold the first equilibrium dissolved oxygen analyzer; patented an automatic disappearing filament optical pyrometer; demonstrated an emissivity-independent pyrometer; launched a particle size analyzer.
Research and management at Rutgers University, General Electric Company and Solar Energy Systems
- Invented a high-temperature Br2 electrode, eliminated light-robbing bubbles from solid-state lamp epoxy; developed thin film IR analysis; reduced photovoltaic solar cell production costs by 25%.
Honors & Publications
- Invited to serve on the National Research Council (NRC) Board of Assessment of National Bureau of Standards (NBS) Programs--Panel for Chemical Technology
- Appointed to the Board of Directors North Wales Water Authority, North Wales, PA
- "Relative Cation Mobilities in Silver Bromide-Potassium Bromide Meltsâ€
- "Nondestructive Determination of The Composition and Thickness of Thin Films of Pyrolytically Deposited Borosilicate Glass by Infrared Absorptionâ€
- "A New High Speed Broad Band Glass Pyrometerâ€
- "Microprocessor Directed Optical Pyrometer" U. S. Patent
- "Radiation Ratio Thermometry," Chapter 6 in Theory and Practice of Radiation Thermometry
- "Temperature Control," pp. 529-541 in ASM Handbook, Volume 4 - Heat Treating
- "Determination of PPB Levels of Impurities in Specialty Gases by Gas Chromatography with a Discharge Ionization Detectorâ€
- "Capacitive moisture detector and method of making the same," U. S. Patent
- Ph. D., Physical Chemistry, Rutgers University
- A. B. Chemistry