- Expert in nanomaterials and nanotechnology.
- Application of nanomaterials to inks and magnetic components.
- Vapor deposition of three dimensional anisotropic nanomaterial structured thin films.
- Expert witness for nanomaterial patent and technology issues.
- Expert in technology transfer, process optimization and migration.
- Expert in materials formulation.
- Expertise in Impedance Spectroscopy.
- Expertise in electro-chemical sensors.
- Competence in practical thermodynamics.
2001 - Present Founder of Nanomaterials Business
1998 - 2001 Nanomaterials Research Corporation, Director of Sales and Marketing:
1994 - 1998 TAM Ceramics Inc. (Cookson Group), System Scientist
1990 - 1994 Cambridge University and Cookson Technology Center, England, Research Associate:
- Developed, documented and implemented a Sales and Marketing strategy for the introduction of nanomaterials into the advanced materials marketplace.
- Directly responsible for all customer interaction, technical support, contract negotiations and new product development.
- Developed numerous formulations and processing steps in the application of nanocrystalline materials.
- Supplied technical and management expertise in the development and implementation of a recrystallization material production facility.
- Developed a novel dielectric system which utilized base metal electrodes and the equipment required for its successful processing. Tasked with taking this system to market; this product now grosses multiple millions annually.
- Developed a novel family of high K Y5V type dielectrics in nine months of research.
- Designed and introduced a computer generated mathematical model delineating cause and effect in materials as a function of processing for MLCC (Multi-Layer Capacitors) fabrication.
- Modeling of multi-component dielectric systems to facilitate the fundamental understanding of the system and theoretical verification of the resulting electrical responses.
- Modeling of a set of thermodynamic equilibrium for Base Metal Electrode (BME) dielectric systems.
- Database design and management - Designed and constructed a relational database for use in RandD data management.
- Primary expertise is in nanomaterials, nanotechnology, advanced ceramics and technical due diligence Cookson Technology Center, Oxfordshire, England.
- Consultant for the electric characterization and improvement of ionic conductivity of solid electrolytes for use in sensor and fuel cell applications.
- Expert consultant on the application and interpretation of Impedance Spectroscopy (non-destructive testing and quantification of electrical properties).
- Consultant for the material selection of a high temperature bellow system for use in corrosive environments.
- Consultant and due diligence on Chemical Vapor Deposition techniques of A1 and A1 compounds.
- Technical liaison in the litigation and formulation of four patent opinions. Work included technical verification and validation, searching and compiling patent history and co-authoring the final opinions.
Honors & Publications
- More than 15 filed patents and pending patents.
- Multiple publications in the area of nanomaterials, nanofabrication technology, dielectric particles and construction of multi layered thin films.
- Ph.D. Physics/Material Science, Cambridge University, England
- B.Sc. Physics and B.Sc. Mathematics, Northern Arizona University