- Food safety and food formulations in grain technology using semolina, farina and flour.
- Pasta industry expert in drying pastas and production of flour products such as noodles.
- Food packaging machinery, both cello bag and box technology, labeling, coding and R-D process.
- Formulation of manufacturing and packaging cost savings strategies with state-of-the-art equipment for dry food.
- Food manufacturing safety and packaging safety.
Independent Consultant 2000 - Present
- Consultant for the food industry specializing in manufacturing and packaging of dry foods.
- Worked with private restaurants and stores on improving work safety and environments.
CPC Best Foods/Mueller's, Jersey City, New Jersey 1970 - 1998
- Managed food packaging operation with four supervisory and 110 hourly employees in a three shift operation with 22 packing lines.
- nstituted weight control QA procedure resulting in $250,000 annual savings.
- Two year no-lost-time accident control record.
- Implemented operating with reduced inventories. Annual savings of $80,000.
- Accepted lateral reassignment to provide leadership towards plant operating effectiveness and enhance expertise in manufacturing process.
- Implemented a waste reduction plan saving annually $50,000.
- Reduction of rejected product volume saving annually $70,000.
- Over 3-year period, reduced department labor expenses by $200,000 annually.
General Foreman 1972 - 1983
- Shift superintendent of processing, packaging maintenance, service functions. Responsible for five superiors and up to 100 hourly personnel. Prepared production schedules, budgets, crewing requirements. Responsible for numerous operating efficiency implementations in manufacturing and packaging areas.
Assistant Coordinator 1970 - 1972
- Responsible for quality control and coordination of production and packaging operations.
Continental Can Company, Carteret, New Jersey 1969 - 1970
- Assigned to various departments including shipping and assembly of fiber drums for industry. Supervised operations in winding, assembly, and receiving areas.
- M.S., Business Management, Richardson University, Laramie, Wyoming
- B.S. in Commerce, Major in Business Administration, Rider College, Trenton, NJ