Materials Science Consultant with industrial career and independent consulting experience in glass and polymer fibers and plastics materials science and technology for major new products in the automotive, electrical, aircraft and marine markets:
- Glass fibers and polymer fibers properties, advantages and weaknesses.
- Plastics and composite materials processing techniques
- Interfacial science pertaining to blends and fiber/matrix interface
- Alloys and composite materials
- Material characterization, testing and optimization for specific applications
- Designing of plastics and glass and composite materials; component fabrication methods
- Analytical and non-destructive test techniques
- Failure analysis and fracture mechanics
- Regulatory compliance
- Polymeric materials
- Inorganic materials
- Specialty coatings
- Reinforcement types
- Glass fibers
- Carbon fibers
- Aramid fibers
- Basalt fibers
- Ceramic fibers
- Polymeric fibers
PPG Industries, Ford Motor Co., Plastics Div.
- Positions held: Manager, Commercial Development; Manager, Technology Staff Scientist; Senior Engineering Associate
Honors & Publications
- Led team who developed polymers, reinforcements, glass, ceramics and composites for major new products for automotive, electrical, aircraft and marine markets.
- New venture in thermoplastic laminate technology.
- New composite material technology for structural automotive applications.
- New glass compositions, adhesives, coatings and polymeric materials and process technology for automotive applications.
- Established interfacial and physical/mechanical test laboratories for materials characterization, surface energetics and wettability, electrophoresis, durability, image analysis and microscopy.
- Numerous publications, patents and book chapters; supplied on request.
- Ph. D., Materials Science, University of Pittsburgh
- M. S., Chemical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, India
- B. S., Chemical Engineering, University of Bombay