- Occupational/Industrial/Workplace Ergonomics
- Physical Ergonomics
- Biomechanically-based ergonomics
- Biomechanical Engineering
- Biomechanics/Biodynamics of Injury
- Occupational Back Injury
- Cumulative Trauma Disorders/Work-Related Musculoskeletal Disorder
- Ergonomics/Biomechanics of Motor Vehicle/Auto Design and Accident
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Ergonomics/Biomechanics of Motorcycle Design and Accidents
- Ergonomics/Biomechanics of Personal Watercraft/Jet Ski Design and Accidents
- Patient Care Ergonomics
- Slip and Fall
- Product Design and Evaluation
- CPE (#725); Certificate, Board of Certification in Professional Ergonomics, 1995
- M.Erg.S.; Member of The Ergonomics Society Professional Register, 1996
- Member, Sigma Xi Scientific Research Society, 2005
Independent Consultant 2002 - Present
Past and current areas of work and expertise are:
- Broad experience as an Assistant University Professor, Director of the Research Laboratories for Patient Safety Center of Inquiry and positions in Industry.
- Expert in product and workplace ergonomics, and programs and tests to assure product ergonomic satisfaction.
- Contemporary research focus on prevention of work-related cumulative trauma disorders through qualification of mechanical stressors.
- Consults in Corporate ergonomics program development, ergonomic design, testing and assessment of corporate programs and related support services.
- Tests employees and circumstances for the physiological effects of force and frequency of work on cumulative trauma disorders, specializing on the of upper extremities to determine safe operating levels for industry.
- Anthropometric study and reach analysis and workplace assessment including man-modeling simulation and CAD representation.
- Corporate ergonomics program development and consultant in human factors for risk management situations with principal project areas of and Human-Machine Interface.
- Forensic ergonomics and accident reconstruction.
Honors & Publications
- Occupational Health and Safety Magazine, Stevens Publishing, Waco, Texas
- Workplace Ergonomics, Stevens Publishing, Waco, Texas
- Columnist for 'Ergonomics Intelligence Report', James Publishing, Santa Ana, CA
- Book reviewer for 'Ergonomics in Design', Human Factors and Ergonomics Society
- Applied Ergonomics, Taylor and Francis, London
- Journal of Rehabilitation Research and Development, Department of Veterans' Affairs, Washington, DC
- International Ergonomics Association
- The Ergonomics Society (UK)
- Sigma Xi Research Society
- Grants and Funded Research %u2013 34
- Book Chapters %u2013 3
- Journal Articles (Peer Reviewed) %u2013 12
- Journal Articles (Non-Peer Reviewed) %u2013 8
Articles Submitted for Review and in Preparation %u2013 6
- Conference Proceedings %u2013 4
- Technical Reports and Products %u2013 52
- Presentations %u2013 41
- Poster Presentations %u2013 9
- Teaching Activities %u2013 Graduate Students Supervised %u2013 11
- Teaching Activities %u2013 Guest Lectures and Presentations %u2013 6
PhD., Ergonomics, Loughborough University, England
D.P.S., Diploma in Professional Sciences, Loughborough University of Technology
B.Sc. (Hons.), Ergonomics, Loughborough University of Technology, England